What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Winter hot tub purchasing assistance  (Read 2758 times)

homelessdoc

Winter hot tub purchasing assistance
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »
Hello!  Brand new to the board.  My wife and I recently completed a local move, and left our Vita Spa at our old residence.  This was purchased in 2004, and we loved it.  We are looking to get a new spa for the new house, and I would appreciate input from anybody with experience in cold weather spas, bonus points for New England in general or Boston in particular.  Our first concern is appropriate insulation for Boston winters, followed by control (we liked the the three motors on the Vita Spa that let us customize what jets were blowing when) and energy efficiency.  A sound system would be nice, but is no way necessary.  In '04 we payed about $7800...we have a little more flexibility in '14, but not a ton more.  Any advice would be appreciated re: appropriate brands, and if you're local, where you've had good luck purchasing and with service.  Thanks a million.
                           Jonathan

Hot Tub Forum

Winter hot tub purchasing assistance
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Winter hot tub purchasing assistance
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »
Well the tubs that I would put up at the top of my list are jacuzzi, marquis, hot springs, sundance. Each one of these should have something in your price range that will be very energy efficient. Being in the boston area as I am also those are the brands that hold up best in these kind of environments (I'm sure I forgot a couple others). My company will be displaying marquis tubs at the New England home show at the boston seaport on the weekend of February 21 and I believe there will be a company in there with sundance as well. That would give you the chance to see 2 of the better brands in one shot

Matt

homelessdoc

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:24 am »
Much obliged, Matt.  Unfortunately, I'm working in the hospital for ten days in a row, which will include that weekend, so the home show is impossible for me this year.  Do you have a local store?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »
You had good luck and loved your Vita?? They make a nice tub. Arctic, Beachcomber, Dimension One. There are others.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42