What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Booster Seats  (Read 3338 times)

Quickbeam

Booster Seats
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are just about to start looking for our first hot tub. She is about 5' 2" and 107 pounds. I'm 5' 8" and 150 pounds. I'm just wondering if we found a tub that was a bit too big for her would a booster seat be an option? Has anyone out there used one before? Did it work well, or did you find yourself wishing you had bought a different tub where you didn't need the booster seat? I did a search on this forum and didn't see a lot of negative things about the booster seats, but thought I'd ask again. As always, any and all thoughts are most appreciated.

The reason I'm asking all this is that from the research I've done online, one of the tubs we are interested in is the Sundance Cameo, but I had it suggested to me that it might be too big for my wife and she might need a booster seat. This tub looks to have the best layout for our particular situation - I had not even thought of the depth of the seat issue until it was raised by another poster.

Hot Tub Forum

Booster Seats
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »

rin-spa-aic

Re: Booster Seats
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »
Can you get your wife to wet test?  That would be preferred.

I really like the Sundance specs but when I wet tested I found the seats and location of the head rest were not really comfortable (6'1").  The similar Jacuzzi model was a lot better for me.
Had to take Sundance right off my list.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:39:18 pm »
One of the reasons wet testing is so important. If a tub has a neck collar or a lounger you almost have to to get the right fit. I had a booster for my 5'2 g-friend and it was weighted and not to bad for her. I actually used it to raise my back up to hit a jet better on my lower back in a seat I preferred a couple tubs back. Cant remember the brand? They probably have a short life span sitting in the tub all the time. I just left mine in the tub.
Retired

goneaway

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:15:59 am »
I bought ours from a family friend, so didn't have much choice when it came to wet testing.
Either we wanted it, or we didn't.
Any how to cut to the chase, ours is a 5 seater + Lounger.
There are 2 seats in ours that are perfect for me at 6' 1", but too deep for my wife at 5' 6".
For these seats, when she wants a deep soak, she uses a bath pillow.
This works perfectly for her.

If you're buying new however, and have a choice, then a wet test is definitely the way to go.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »
Type in hot tub seat......just did and got lots of them!!!!!!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
That's on amazon....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42