What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought 2013 Artesian Grand Cayman - price and options  (Read 11674 times)

ericsmith1985

Just bought 2013 Artesian Grand Cayman - price and options
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:22 pm »
I had a lot of trouble finding out any recent info on Artesian brand spas so I thought I'd share with everyone what I just ordered.

This is the first hot tub I've ever purchased (and picked out). I've used several old ones and had some that were already in places that I lived.

Criteria:
Adjustable water level
No lounger
As big as possible
Quiet
Durable (at least as best as I could tell)
Fewer jets were ok to save money as I don't need to be bounced around anyway
Good dealer

I looked at several brands that are carried by various dealers in my area. The Artesian was the quietest of all I saw, looked the best (fit and finish), and it coincided with the dealer (sales department) that I found most desirable.

I looked at:
Coleman. Impression: too gimicky looking, so many jets (and they weren't even filled with water at the dealer, and dealer ignored me while I was in the store)

Jacuzzi. Impression: very decent looking, but there was only one model on display and it was louder than the Artesian (sales person said he didn't know much about them--I'm told by the dealer I ultimately used that it WAS their brand, but when they dropped it, the "other" pool store picked it up mainly at the request of Jacuzzi, not based on their own plans)

HotSprings. Impression: cheap looking and loud--the price was in-line with the Artesian so I pretty much dropped it (service guy was filling in at the showroom--he was very patient with me and did follow-up on all my questions with the regular sales person the next day)

Master Spa. Impression: Seemed right look/feel for the cheaper-than-artesian price (same dealer as my Artesian)

Nordic. Impression: Cheap looking and loud--my spa-selling cousin across the country told me that while they are "rough around the edges" that their service record is excellent (same dealer as my Artesian)

I came to the Artesian Grand Cayman. The Grand Bahama is essentially the same thing but has a lounger. The Piper Glen is very similar except in PRICE--the main differences being that "loaded" is the basically the only option, and there are more pumps leading to better control/more power per seat (it was out of my price range).

Options I bought into after seeing the tubs:
Dynastar lighting (this is the cheapest of the light options that increases the NUMBER of lights, not just type of bulb)
Foot Blaster and associated additional pump (not only is it good on the feet, it's the most attractive pump to run when the tub is empty)

Option I knew I didn't want:
Ozone (have had it in the past, and it seems to need frequent replacement)
Stereo (already have speakers on the patio)
Waterfalls (don't care for the noise)

Option that intrigued me:
UV light sanitation (it can be added later so I opted out for now)

So the price...
Base price: $6600 (delivered in-town)
Includes Grand Cayman, 33 jets, 2 pumps @3hp, extended warranty (5yr), permawood cabinet, and standard-grade cover

Options:
Foot Blaster w/extra 3hp pump: $495
Dynastar lighting package: $245
Cover lift: $0 promo
Plastic steps: $0 promo

Pre-tax total: $7340

Final note: Artesian also makes "South Seas" and "Garden" spas for smaller budgets. The South Seas 860B is similar to the Grand Cayman in size/layout.

Hope this helps someone out there.

E

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought 2013 Artesian Grand Cayman - price and options
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:22 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Just bought 2013 Artesian Grand Cayman - price and options
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:33:49 pm »
Hope you enjoy it!  Sounds like you gt wht you were looking for.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:10:38 pm »
 Artesian builds a nice spa, we use to sell them before we brought on Jacuzzi.     How about a picture...

ericsmith1985

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:25:26 pm »
That picture will take about another 6 weeks... :)

My patio is yet to be constructed--waiting on dry/warm weather to pour concrete followed by the house roof extending over the patio.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:46 pm »
Your logic seems sound, I hope it works out for you.   I hope you will stick around and let us know how it works out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Amy

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 12:59:39 am »
Thank you so much for the info! We are looking at the same spa. Now that its been delivered do you like it? Also can you tell me roughly what part of the country you are from? I am receiving a much higher price here in AZ for the same model. Thanks!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 09:58:58 am »
Looks like you got a nice spa at a very good price.
With taxes, about 8K ?

meriflower

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »
Congrats on your new spa!  :)  Look forward to seeing pics!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42