What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice....$6000 to spend....  (Read 7807 times)

brillskill

Re: Need advice....$6000 to spend....
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 01:19:29 am »
Link doesn't seem to work..check out Costco.com

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 01:19:29 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:56 am »
Sorry Brill and VSC but I would avoid online or box stores if there is a way. To many bad experiences have chased folks away from the hot tub world because it didn't feel like they expected or was more work because they were installing parts that were shipped to them, or they couldn't get an answer about water maintenance fast enough from a forum it was noisier than they expected or the online retailer became unavailable because they changed their name or went out of business. Check your local dealers first and see who is around, how they treat you and if you can, please wet test a few to get an idea of what's comfortable for your butt instead of relying on some online sales guy or a picture to tell you how comfortable it is.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 09:12:57 am »
since you are a jacuzzi dealer it does make sense that you recommend that :P

The brand we sell has little to do with my comment...   

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:53 am »
  My 2 cents worth, buy from a dealer that you can walk in the store and ask advice from, or can call or again come in and talk to if the spa needs service.     

+1

I'm not spending a few thousand dollars on something with many parts and systems that doesn't have reputable local support.
If you check the post I referenced earlier I didn't even consider places with no dealer, a known bad dealer, or no return call.

brillskill

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 11:56:34 am »
he or she said they dont mind ordering on line..

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »
Then they must be familiar with the compromises you have to make.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »
He started a new thread

Ohiost8te

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 08:45:25 pm »
I wet tested both today and ended up purchasing the Hot Springs Relay....I ended up getting it for $5700 and it's being delivered Tuesday on my wife's birthday.  Thanks for all of your assistance!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:32 am »
Sorry Brill and VSC but I would avoid online or box stores if there is a way. To many bad experiences have chased folks away from the hot tub world because it didn't feel like they expected or was more work because they were installing parts that were shipped to them, or they couldn't get an answer about water maintenance fast enough from a forum it was noisier than they expected or the online retailer became unavailable because they changed their name or went out of business. Check your local dealers first and see who is around, how they treat you and if you can, please wet test a few to get an idea of what's comfortable for your butt instead of relying on some online sales guy or a picture to tell you how comfortable it is.

If you are not a DIY, I agree totally with Tman's wisdom.  There is, however, still a risk in going to a local dealer.  For example, the closest dealer to me went out of business recently. If I were counting on them, I would have been SOOL.  If you are mechanically inclined and an experienced DIY, imo the internet is a viable option for you.   An established manufacturer should provide on line tech support. Check each manufacturer out thoroughly.  Make sure they are established. Contact them and verify that Warranty service would be provided through a repairman in your area.  Some on line dealers offer a "parts only warranty" in lieu of their full warranty.  If you are handy, this might be a route for you, as parts only warranties provide an  upfront discount on the price of the spa.  You could bank your savings in a "spa repair account" and use it, if/as needed. 

If you were to go this route, I would suggest a lot of research and go only with an on line manufacturer that has been around a long time.  One that had a good parts distribution network and one that is experienced in shipping their products safely.
In my case, the spa I wanted did not have a dealer in my area. So, my choice was to buy another brand, or do an on line purchase.   Time will tell if I made the correct choice.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 07:55:32 am »
I wet tested both today and ended up purchasing the Hot Springs Relay....I ended up getting it for $5700 and it's being delivered Tuesday on my wife's birthday.  Thanks for all of your assistance!

Sorry about my previous post, I didn't see that you had already purchased.
Congratulations on your new spa!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 07:55:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42