What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to put the tub?  (Read 3020 times)

Indyzav

Where to put the tub?
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:35:55 pm »
Finally decided and put deposit on the Marquis Resort after wet testing. Now we need to make a spot for it. We have a great little nook in the back of our house that offers maximum privacy, is close to our electrical panel and faucet. Would like to put a patio in with stamped concrete. There are three windows in close proximity to the tub. Is there a general rule of thumb for how close you can place to a house? It will be four feet from the house. I had a contractor tell me it shouldn't be too close but four feet seems ample. Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Where to put the tub?
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:35:55 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Where to put the tub?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16:44 pm »
no less than 1/32"
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:45 pm »
 You can go as close as you want but it is nice to leave a bit of space so you can clean leaves and what not behind it.  Really up to you!

For Doc....   Go Seahawks!!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
Agree with Jim's assessment. I would leave a bit of room to clean behind it. If you need help with placemant you can always give me a call.

Matt

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 11:38:31 am »
Also keep in mind that most electrical codes require 5' from the disconnect to the tub. I like to use the best view to help me decide location.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:28:18 am »
You may want to consider future maintenance to your house, as well.   For example, if you are too close to your house it might be hard to get a ladder set up for painting, etc.

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »
Four feet is good, that's just a little less than the distance from my door my tub's steps.

Physically mine is about 2' from my house. You can't beat the convenience!
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,17266.0.html

Had to make sure the disconnect ended up 5' or whatever code was. If it were up to me it would be closer.  ::)

To rosewoodsteel's point I do now have a challenge getting a ladder to the gutters on that corner of the house.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42