What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy  (Read 20448 times)

Mudheadsports

Re: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »
Darz
I would be accepting of their wait until we are out in the area again for a very short time.  They should have as good of service after the sale as before you made your purchase.  You have not made a $20.00 purchase.  You've spent thousands with them and they need to take care of you.  Good luck!!!!!  Oh yeah and the nice squeaky wheel usually gets what they want........just sayin....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »

Darzmr

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:46 pm »
What jerks my chain is the other rep (Caldera) warned me that if I needed service from HS, I'd be waiting for one out of HS's other locations (out of state).  I expressly asked the guy who sold me the HS about this and he told me that the only time I'd have to wait for a service call would be if they had to wait for a part to come in.  I did speak with HS in CA earlier today and relayed my timeline.  I told HS CA that if this was the type of service I could expect (waiting for someone else in my area to need service in order for me to get serviced), that they better come and get the tub.  Shortly after, I got a call from the local seller that the tech would be out on 2/17. The surly tech (who broke my gate hardware, btw)!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »
Wow the 17th, how far from the dealer are you??    I get they would like to wait till another service call, we will as well within reason,  but the 17th to me is to long for the purchase you made. Not to mention the rookie was out there once already and did nothing.    And yes there is a time to be nice, then a time to say uh ummm....

On a side note it is not service from HS, it is service from the dealer.  A company like Hot Spring, Sundance or Jacuzzi or any other brand for that matter is only as good as the dealer that sold the spa. 

Darzmr

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:26 pm »
The service dept is 45 mins from me - and I'm grateful for the 17th, it beats the generic answer I originally got, "I can't give you a time window, but it'll be before the end of the month".  And, tech has to wait for a topside to arrive (lol, still - I love you guys!).

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 01:14:33 am »
45 min away? Good lord I drive 35 min just to get to my store everyday     ::) 

Ryan VSO

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 10:58:45 am »
lol you should ask filters for compensation at least .

Mudheadsports

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:08 pm »
Keep pushing darzmr......if you're married have your wife call and be super sweet.......yep I do that!!!!!!!  Maybe you have a valentines day............just giving you some extra ideas.....

Darzmr

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »
Ummm... no, Mudheadsports - I'm a woman (hear me roar), and tho I admit to playing nice w/service folk via using the helpless woman charade, my HS tech is exceedingly boorish and borderline rude.  I mean, c'mon, I did offer the man coffee and threw him my best smile when he arrived.  That alone usually breaks the ice.  Not w/him.  But please don't read this wrong, I do not, repeat: do not, hit on any of my service guys - they usually hit on me... lol. 

dunecritter

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »
Wow the 17th, how far from the dealer are you??    I get they would like to wait till another service call, we will as well within reason,  but the 17th to me is to long for the purchase you made. Not to mention the rookie was out there once already and did nothing.    And yes there is a time to be nice, then a time to say uh ummm....

On a side note it is not service from HS, it is service from the dealer.  A company like Hot Spring, Sundance or Jacuzzi or any other brand for that matter is only as good as the dealer that sold the spa.
100% Correct Jim....I agree. When I had my Sundance serviced and finally replaced, both the dealer and the Manufacture were always johnny on the spot.. every time I needed service...They were a big dealer with multiple locations (Paddock Pools) and It really made a difference for me as a consumer. Great customer service is everything. Stay on it Darzmr...

Mudheadsports

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 05:48:24 pm »
Good girl darz.....just keep working it!!!!!  Sorry about the wife thing....think most on the forum are guys.....guess I might be wrong!!!!!  Anyway...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....and I do not do the flirty thing either...but I am always very appreciative of a job well done!!!!!

Darzmr

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 12:30:06 pm »
Tech came out this a.m. and replaced the topside as well as the sensor.  Hoping problem's solved (yesterday the display was reading 106 (lol, didn't know it went that high!) when I had it set at 102)... And, he's going to order new jets for the captain's chair's hand/carpal tunnels cuz they're not spinning.  BTW, this visit he was very pleasant, wasn't surly - a total opposite demeanor vs. the first time he came out. What an amazing and nice transformation - I'm back to being a happy dunker :)

Ryan VSO

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »
was it a used sundance or a brand new ?

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 06:44:51 pm »
Good for you, Darzmr! Glad you are back up and running correctly.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:35 pm »
  Hope it's the fix for you, just think if they had done it right the first time...   My guess is the first time the tech came out he was having a bad day.  Crappy cold weather, working on spas plus dealing with whatever else comes up in the midst of the day.  Still shouldn't been passed to you but it's a good thing you are understanding.    Being a service mngr you can only imagine the un-happy people that call with a problem on a spa.   Discoloring pillows to their LEDS not working and a lack of maintenance on their part its the end of the world.  Nice to see a patient and understanding person as yourself..   I can still say they made you wait to long for such a fix and being a new owner of a spa, but it happens..   

Darzmr

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »
Hold on to your towels - I think it's fixed! Soaking since the topside swap out and the temp display isn't swinging like a pendulum.   Now I just sit back and wait for the jets to come in, gonna celebrate by tossing some Spazazz in the tub tonight.  Thanks again, so much, to you all for the suggestions and advice (lol, watch, I'll be back in a few weeks bitching my jets aren't in...).

As an interesting aside, my HS rep is now also selling the Caldera line - he said it was pulled from the other company I'd been contemplating purchasing from (and they're now selling Bullfrog).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:05:10 pm by Darzmr »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42