What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new spa and have some questions - Sundance Cameo  (Read 10240 times)

tobber

new spa and have some questions - Sundance Cameo
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »
Hi,

Recently got my new Sundance Cameo.
We are very happy with it, and we use almost every day. I just wish we bought it sooner
However, i have some questions which my dealer can't really answer. Maybe you can help me:

- The dealer advises me to keep the circulation 24 hour running. He thinks this is better with the clearray system. This makes me wondering is if the bulb will still be okay for 1 year. Since, Sundance advises to replace it every year. But what if you keep it running for 24 hours instead of 12 (or 8 like in the 2014 manual) ?
- The manual is very strict in filling the water above the neck-jets but below the head-cusions. I would like to have the water a few inches higher, what could be the problem if i do that?
- If i play my iphone or ipad via the bluewave bluetooth system, then it sounds very distorted. Do more people have this?

I use the Cameo with the sunpurity system and MPS after use and once a week dichlor. For us this works perfect, we have crystal clear water. However, the PH rises slowly, and twice a week i have to correct with PH-minus. What could be the reason for that? As far as ik can see on the teststrips, the alcalinity is in the desired range.
BTW, i am reading the PH with a digital device. The PH test strips are just worthless. In fact, i believe they are dangerous because the reading impossible or just wrong.

Would be great if i can get some advise from you.

Best
Tobber.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:03:45 am by tobber »

Hot Tub Forum

new spa and have some questions - Sundance Cameo
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »

Ryan VSO

Re: new Sundance Cameo and have some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »
Hi ,

Regarding your 24 hour circulation pump , theres no need to run the pump 24 hours a day , this will simply cost you more money at the end . The Clearay system would first require an higher flow rate in order to kill all the bacteria in your water . We used a UV system that is 5 times bigger  and it wasnt enought . The clearay is a selling feature provided to dealer in order to sell more tubs . You wont get all your water bacteria free with your clearay . In our system , theres a red light when the uv lamp is not good anymore , im assuming that you have that feature aswell so I would recommend to change it when the red light appears.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:04:18 pm by Ryan VSO »

Mudheadsports

Re: new spa and have some questions - Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »
Tobber
We just got our cameo in January...and like you wish we had gotten it sooner.....oh well, enjoying now.  On your stereo, have you tried just a radio station?  See if that sounds weird too.  We're going out tonight and I'll put the iPhone on and see if it's any different.  Radio on ours is just fine!!!!  We did have one bad speaker that has been replaced.  Now have to have the waterfall light replaced. 
Will lyk what we find out tonight....

tobber

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »
Thanks,
The radio sounds just perfect. I will try my ipad tomorrow.

We had als some problems with some lights, but this was just a matter of tightening the plugs in the blue box behind the left cabinet.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 05:09:50 pm »
Will check that and also the iPad Bluetooth tonight!!!!!
Thanx

kurt6137

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »
I had the Sundance Cameo, great and i mean great spa, I ended up giving it to my daughter and her family, what can i say, I'm a sucker for grandchildren, had to move the damm thing to South Carolina, that tub was amazing and the quality was there, i always preferred to have the circulation pump on, it uses so little power, that its worth having your water circulated throughout the tub. I ended up purchasing a Hot Springs Sovereign as a replacement, which is a tub i love, Im 52 now and cleaning and maintaining, its easier on a smaller tub and easier to get into. You will not be disappointed with that tub, love the lounge it that and the jets were amazing, i do miss those jets, but my electric bill is cheaper with the hot springs, but that is only because, smaller tub, one motor, blah , blah blah…Have a great day and enjoy the tub, I know it does my arthritis wonders. As far as the water level, i have overfilled them a little and it does not do that much to the performance of the tub, but just try to keep to the recommendations and you will be fine. One thing on that tub, is the aroma therapy is useless, your better off with crystals or fragrance oils, I never found it to work very well , but that was not a selling point for me anyway.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:37:14 pm by kurt6137 »

tobber

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 05:02:10 am »
Thanx for your advise.
I also think that circulating all day is just fine and the power for that is just a little bit.
But, it makes me wondering if the UV-bulb in the clearray system will still last for one year.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:35:58 pm by tobber »

bimmerdog

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 08:10:45 pm »
I have the Sundance Optima and it just turned 1 year old on the 16th of Feb.  I just changed out my Clearray bulb. A very easy 5 minute job.  I love the people that say the Clearray is just a selling gimmick.  I have a neighbor that has a tub (will not name it cause I have learned to not do that).  It is fun to compare the two tubs.  His is very nice and we both have close to the same amount of water. I use my tub atleast two times more then he does and I use less chemicals then he does.  Some thing is working in my tub. 

I have the same sound system you have.  The only time

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:37:09 pm »
 I love the ClearRay I know it works really, really well!     Things like ClearRay and salt sytems or ozones are not really a gimmick but a sales tools.   The fact that things like them work is even better!    Kind of like adjustable hosel/driver heads, that being said I don't have one  :) Driving straight is the least of my problems when golfing..    8)

tobber

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:16 am »
Ok, Jacuzzi Jim,
You seem to know a lot about clearray.
Can you answer my question if the bulb will still last for a year when you circulate for 24 hours (instead of 12 hours factory default)?

thanx

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 10:49:55 am »
 You can run the circ 24 hr if you want.   Not sure you need to,  but ClearRay should be fine if you do.   I have been replacing bulbs at the 14 month range.     Your spa will throw up a blb error code at the year mark.   

tobber

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 11:13:08 am »
I know it will. But that's just a programmed timer. Not a check if the bulb is still performing ok.

Also i noticed that they lowered the default circulation cycle to 8 hours in the 2014 models according to the manual.
It really wonders me what effect this has on the bulb. The different usage of the bulb must have effect on the lifecycle.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »
I know it will. But that's just a programmed timer. Not a check if the bulb is still performing ok.

Also i noticed that they lowered the default circulation cycle to 8 hours in the 2014 models according to the manual.
It really wonders me what effect this has on the bulb. The different usage of the bulb must have effect on the lifecycle.

So I called Jacuzzi tech and talked to them, he said you can run the circ 24/7 and it will not affect the life of the bulb.   He also told me which I kinda figured out is that the bulb will go longer than a year.  Which makes sense with the 24/7 pump running.
    On a side note anytime you use the spa and hit any pump btn the light will shut off then come back on after the main pumps have quit running for a bit, which is what an ozonator did as well.    The bulb will be on anytime the spa is in a filter mode with pmp 1 running at low speed.     On the 2014 mdls they added a ClearRay btn that you can press as a clean up cycle which should turn the circ pump on if it is programed for less than 24hrs.   If the circ is at the 24hr run time ClearRay will come on like normal after the mains have shut off.   Clean up cycle would work the same as well.    One thing you could do is open the corner panel just a bit and see if the light is glowing at and or around the one year mark.   Or see how long it takes to click back on after you run the main jets..     Were still waiting on getting some 2014 mdls in so will check it out when we get them.. 

As far as what the intensity of the bulb is at the end of the year I don't know, I do know that UV light does lose it's effectiveness after time.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:25:59 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

tobber

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 02:33:32 am »
Thanks for this!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 02:33:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42