What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy  (Read 20446 times)

Darzmr

Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
Hi - not a happy soaker lately.  My new tub can't seem to hold its temp (yes, I'm aware of HS' 2 deg variance).  Set at 103, jump in and after about 10-15 mins it drops to 100 and stays there.  I never had this issue with my Beachcomber - ever! And, it's a balmy 36 here.  Thoughts/advice, please?

Hot Tub Forum

Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Holding Temperature Issue - HS Envoy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:36 pm »
 Hopefully one of the HS boys can help..  I am sure it can be taken care of, least one would hope..  Maybe they can do an over temp on it

Ryan VSO

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:14:13 pm »
sometimes when you turn the second pump it shut down the heater for protection . see if its the case , you should still see the heater icon displayed on your topside controller when you start the second pump .

tjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »
What year envoy? If control panel is on front of spa a jp jumper might be set to 110 volt heater configuration. If control panel is on the bar top the spa soft jumpers or programing may need to be set to heater concurrent.

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:32:38 pm »
I believe he has a 2013.  Hopefully one of the HS dealers will join in here.

tjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:15 pm »
What are you using to measure temp change? In most cases the 4kw heater will keep up with the thermal loss from running jets, do you feel hotter water at the heater return in footwell when jets are running? unless its well below freezing the heater will usually keep the temp. I  suggest you call dealer and set up a service call with a tech to make sure the spa is set up properly.

Darzmr

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »
It's a 2012 - I've been checking it lately when I soak :) Get in, it's a nice and toasty 103, w/in 15-20 mins, it's dropped like a rock to 99.  And stays there (until I depart the tub, close the cover and return later, it's back to 103).  And, the temp outside isn't bad (upper 30's today).  I'm reading the temp via the control panel.  I put a call to the dealer to let him know, we're now playing phone tag.   He did tell me to check the heater/ozonator outlet in the bottom to see if it was jetting hot water, and it is (quite hot).  FWIW, I do lounge around with the jets on high, but I gotta say, I'm getting very disappointed with the spa - I want my 103, not 99 :)

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:17 pm »
Maybe it needs 60 amp?..and heat is somehow shutting off when you are running the jets?

Darzmr

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 07:35:40 pm »
No, heat's still coming in with jets on - and I obviously don't know how accurate the temp reading is on the panel, but I tend to believe it's accurate - I can feel the difference.

Darzmr

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 12:36:10 pm »
HS rep called last week - they'll come out and check it but need the outdoor temp to be above freezing (we're at 6 today).  At this rate, I'll see 'em in April ;)

Mudheadsports

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:38:43 am »
We just got our sundance reprogrammed.  We wired for 60 amp service and the factory settings are set for 50 amp which is what the majority of their customers apparently use.  When we were in the tub we would have the temp drop too with both pumps on.  The tech came out and reprogrammed it and....."bobs you uncle" we have heat with both pumps going!!!!!!  Don't get too frustrated.....may be a quick fix!!!!!

Darzmr

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:52 am »
Thanks, Mudheadsports - I'll make sure to mention it to the tech... when I see him. :D

Mudheadsports

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 12:46:13 pm »
Good luck!!!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 02:01:14 pm »
  Honestly I would have been on the phone about 2 weeks ago, asking why have you not been here yet...  If your heater is on with both pumps running then it is set correctly.    Also not sure why any HS experts have not chimed in yet or at least sent you a PM?

Hopefully the tech can figure out whats going on but seems to me you have waited quite awhile for some service on a "new" spa..  Good luck to you!

Darzmr

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »
I agree fully, Jim! I got a call from the seller this a.m. and they're sending someone out tomorrow morning - it'll still be very cold (14 deg).  I did call them yesterday since it's going to be in the 40s on Friday and I subtlety emphasized how much I paid for the spa and my growing displeasure with having to wait so long for service, but was told their techs were fully booked ... dunno, now apparently someone's free tomorrow and the outdoor temp is irrelevant.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42