What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub WiFi  (Read 7915 times)

rosewoodsteel

Hot Tub WiFi
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »
How many are using WiFi or Bluetooth with their hot tub to raise or lower water temperatures, etc. ?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub WiFi
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

Ryan VSO

Re: Hot Tub WiFi
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:17 pm »
You mean an apps that allow you to control your spa from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access on your device?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »
I have just started noticing people asking about this.  I personally have only sold a couple of ttubs with that feature

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:15:39 pm »
I use Insteon to control my house and know they have components to retrofit anything.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »
Every gecko in.xe  can add the in.touch feature that allow to control your spa on your i-phone or  Android , I personally think that its a great feature and its not too expensive to buy

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:28:09 am »
My Artic Klondiker will have this feature and I am looking forward to putting it to use.   

Mudheadsports

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 09:39:20 am »
Ours has that feature.....waiting on delivery so once we are up and running will lyk ,the dealer said we didn't need to spend the $400.00 for a unit in the house to control it that the phone would work

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:50:15 am »
The WiFi is something I will be using a lot.    My tub is on a pad away from the house, so it will be nice to make temp adjustments, etc, in the comfort of my living room.    Let us know how this feature works out for you.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 11:07:16 am »
We should be up and running 7 days from now.....will lyk how it works for us.....here's a question....does it make sense to lover the tem a bit...maybe 94ish until your wanting to use the tub?  Or better to have it always sting the temp you are wanting to use it at.....

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:37 am »
With my old Coleman, I would drop the temperature down a little when not in use.   Before using, I would raise it up about 15 minutes or so getting into the tub.    My electric bill was never impacted a lot by the tub, so I guess it helped with power usage. I plan to do the same type of thing when I am set up with the Artic.  Hopefully, I will have the same results.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 03:43:00 pm »
Great!!!!!  Will be trying that when we get it here!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »
It does make a difference. The lower the temp the less heat loss during times of non use. However if you think it's a magic pill you would be wrong. There will be a very small saving that quite frankly I though I was worth having the tub ready at all times for the nickles difference it would make. I wanted my tub ready at a moments notice and figured the few bucks a month wasn't enough to not have what I wanted. During your honeymoon you may want to just leave it at temp. But if you plan on not using it for a week or so then yea by all means. Disinfecting chems last longer in cooler water also.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »
Yea..Tman is right on..chemicals last longer in cooler water..think of a pool..in the blazing summer any pool owner will tell you you'll be using more chlorine.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »
First time for any of this...no tub or pool before!!!!  I'm sure we will have lots of questions for awhile.  When we went back to finish paying for the tub, I asked our salesman to show us how to change filters and fill the tub thru the filter area.  That seems pretty simple....the chemical balancing may be a little more difficult

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 04:11:39 pm »
Moving forward a lot of the major brands will have this feature as an option, I know these devices were ready months ago for many major manufactures but I believe the FCC or some other government run organization (shocker I know) has been holding up the "final approval"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 04:11:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42