What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: circuit board diagnose  (Read 2257 times)

pool_shark_dc

circuit board diagnose
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:26:26 pm »
need help figuring out what the problem is with my 2003 calspa.  when i hook all up... i have nothing on the control panel.  it does get power cause i checked all connections coming in to spa.  240v.  any electrical guru's that can help me try to diagnose the problem ??  checked all fuses and all are good... checked resistance on the transformer per Calspa tech and still no avail.  i can manually get the pumps to work by using a screwdriver and manually pushing the point contacts together... dont know if that helps

Hot Tub Forum

circuit board diagnose
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:26:26 pm »

kolcak

Re: circuit board diagnose
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »
@pool_shark_dc, you’re problem seems like a fairly simple one. There has to be a discontinuity in your wiring somewhere. Since you have checked all the fuses and resistances that shoes that your components are all ok and no individual component is malfunctioning. The easiest way to diagnose such an issue is to connect the power and then using a multi-meter measure voltages at different points of the circuit step-wise. Start nearest to the power supply and work your way up. You’ll eventually find out the node in the circuit where you’re not getting any voltage/signal which will show that there is a disconnection nearby. Visually inspect the circuit at that spot and you’ll get the results.

printed circuit board
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:09:56 pm by kolcak »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: circuit board diagnose
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42