What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leave water fountain running or not.  (Read 4757 times)

goneaway

Leave water fountain running or not.
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:08 am »
Guys.
My tub has a water fountain, and i'm not sure if i should leave this valve open or closed in the freezing weather.

My theory for leaving it open, is that when the cleaning cycle kicks in, or if the frost protect kicks in, the movement of water should stop the pipe feeding the fountain from freezing up.

Any thoughts ??

Hot Tub Forum

Leave water fountain running or not.
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:08 am »

rin-spa-aic

Re: Leave water fountain running or not.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:03:10 pm »
When I bought the tub the installer specifically told me to leave all water jets and waterfalls on at all times.
Helps prevent growth or buildup of bad stuff.

I leave my waterfalls open just enough so there is a constant trickle along the length of the waterfall when the pump operates at slow speed.

Personally I also believe that some aeration is good for the water at any time which is achieved with the waterfalls.
Using the air jets definitely cools it off, so the waterfalls help in that regard.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »
When I bought the tub the installer specifically told me to leave all water jets and waterfalls on at all times.
Helps prevent growth or buildup of bad stuff.

I leave my waterfalls open just enough so there is a constant trickle along the length of the waterfall when the pump operates at slow speed.

Personally I also believe that some aeration is good for the water at any time which is achieved with the waterfalls.
Using the air jets definitely cools it off, so the waterfalls help in that regard.

Yep good advice, Leave it on just enough to circulate water through it and keep in sanitized.
Retired

goneaway

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:23:42 am »
Thanks Chaps

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:46 am »
I usually leave mine off, but anytime I shock, I turn them on to make sure water gets moved around.   If we had 5 people a day in it I might rethink that.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42