What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jet Pressure  (Read 2713 times)

Newfish

Jet Pressure
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:44:13 am »
Which reliable hot tubs have really strong jet pressure?

Hot Tub Forum

Jet Pressure
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:44:13 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Jet Pressure
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:45:36 am »
There's a lot of makes and models that have heavy jet pressure. Things like plumbing engineering, GPM (gallons per minute) of the pump and the type of jets have the biggest effect on it but be careful. Strong isn't always pleasant. Itchy skin can be the result of to much direct pressure at a particular jet face. There's really only one way to tell if the pressure on a tub is right for you. Wet Test. The 6 big jets in the back of the lounger on a D1 Chairman 2 literally pushed me out of the seat on high. And they didn't hurt. But I like gentle spread out pressure like that of the Marquis HK jets on low. You need to find out what's right for you.
Retired

clover

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:33:28 pm »
 This is a question that will produce multiple opinions, like a dog chasing its tail.  All hot tubs are designed to "deliver" performance at the jet, and that is what the salesperson will tell you, so it would be hard to differentiate the differences.

On the other hand, those that make the hot tubs take this subject seriously.  Do a search for Artesian Spas Premium Elite Series, or even some of their Island Series.  Each seat in the Elite Series has a dedicated pump in a very close proximity to the jets at each particular seat.  The intent is to deliver maximum performance directly to the jets without dissipating the power which in other tubs may be reduced while traveling 5' to 6' from the pumps in the EQ area before getting to the jet system.  It does make a difference. 

Additionally, each seat has its own variable control allowing the motor to deliver either minimum, or maximum, power from zero to full throttle while sitting in that particular seat.  I would consider it to be energy efficient in doing so, because if one person is in the hot tub, only one pump/seat is on for the user.  If there are 3 persons, each user has control for their particular seat.  This way you pay for the power being used, while all other jets remain off.  Consider 90% to 95% of the time 1 to 2 users are using the hot tub at any given time.

You pose an interesting question that only a pressure gauge will answer.  Find yourself a pressure gauge, put a length of vinyl hose on it using a funnel to cover a jet, and take it with you on your shopping trips.  It will be the best way to answer your question.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:24 pm »
The Marquis HK40 jets and geyser jets are some of the strongest I have felt.

mjb

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:57:59 pm »
Many of our customers that did do a "wet-test" most
often comment that the Sundance 880 series spas
were the most powerful massage jets that they
experienced.
However, some folks preferred the massage action
in the Jacuzzi J-300 and 400 series.
Try out some of these spas and see what you prefer.
Best, Mike

Parker1

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:34 am »
I wet tested various spas including Hotsprings, Caldera, Calspa, Maax, Atera Anytemp, D1 and Artesian.  But the hotttub with the strongest jet pressure was LA Spas (IMO).  That is the one I purchased and am very happy with it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42