What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Solana SX needs Pump  (Read 2029 times)

sootman73

Solana SX needs Pump
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:00 am »
Hello,

New to the forum. I had the local spa place come out and look at my Solana SX (2011) and it looks like one of the bearings in the motor is going bad. It is really loud and possible loads the motor enough that my heater does not kick on enough due to insufficient flow.

The service guy told me a new pump would cost $600 not including labor. I could have it rebuilt but between having them drain and winterize the tub it would cost me about the same anyway. Since I am out of warranty and am very mechanically inclined i'm going to save the money and do it myself. I would rather just have the bearing in the motor replaced as everything else seems to work fine.

What is the best way to proceed at this point? I don't want to waste my time and money since i don't have much experience with hot tubs.

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Solana SX needs Pump
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:00 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Solana SX needs Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »
Years ago, we used to send motors out to get refirbed but it seemed most only lasted another year or so. I would recommend replacing with a new one.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Solana SX needs Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42