What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations  (Read 10919 times)

ntmad8tr

Re: Trials and Tribulations
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 10:46:57 pm »
Ours is 92x92 and when filled with the 450ish gallons of water it weighs approx. 4500lbs. I am going to guess that the j-335 holds about 360 gallons give or take so you are looking at somewhere around 3500-3700lbs when filled so that gives you a bit over a thousand pounds to play with.  I know I would want to make for sure that it will hold the weight of that tub and then if you have 5 adults in that thing you could be riding close to that 4800lb limit.  I would install some added supports but that is just me failing on the safe side. (I use an approximation of 1 gallon = ~8 lbs)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 10:46:57 pm »

dunecritter

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »
I agree...actually a little more since water is actually 8.34lbs per gallon plus 3-4 or more adults I think it would be kinda maxed out...A few extra supports for good measures I would think.....Safer than sorry... :o

Quickbeam

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 12:37:32 am »
Thanks guys, for your concerns. I have done the numbers, but don't have them in front of me right now. If memory serves, I think you are pretty close in thinking we have about 1,000 pounds to play with. Two points on this. First of all, this is a brand new home and it would involve major construction to re-brace our roof deck. I really don't think it could be done. If I was concerned about it my only option would be to go with a smaller, lighter tub. And if I was concerned about it I would do that. I would not knowingly put my safety, or the safety of others at risk. Having said all that, I think you missed my earlier post where I clarified that the 4,800 pounds maximum weight is for the weight of the tub filled with water. The weight of any people in the tub is on top of that. Given this, and the fact I have an engineer who has certified I am good for 4,800 pounds, I'm pretty comfortable going ahead with this. I can absolutely assure you that I would not have gone ahead with this without an engineers O.K. Thanks again for your concerns.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 12:37:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42