What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still shopping.......  (Read 67411 times)

Ryan VSO

Re: Still shopping.......
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »
we had this problem with gecko , you actually had to go in config and reduce the amp available on the audio or ozone in order to have the pack allow the heater to work when 2 pumps are running . let say the ozone default amp allowed is 5 amp , even if it aint using 5 amps , the pack still think its using 5 amp so he will not allow to exceed a certain amount of amp to run at the same time .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

Mudheadsports

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2014, 07:29:09 am »
Ok so part of that is womp womp womp womp........but I think that may be what the booklet was talking about.  It comes with factory settings for lower amperage and has to be reset to allow everything to run if it is wired for 60 amps.....
Thanx again!!!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2014, 06:45:04 pm »
After reading the brochure, she even gave us wrong information.....only one pump....WRONG.....just dumb....sitting here right now, I think I know more about hotspring than she does.  If we decide on a hotspring, it won't be from the Kalamazoo dealer!!!!!!!

I found another dealer in northern Indians that is around the corner from our jacuzzi dealer so we'll head there before we go to the wet test!!!!!

It's really not that unusual for a potential customer to know more than a mediocre or worse sales staff. With the resources available these days. Even in redneckville we have that intraweb thingy.
Retired

Mudheadsports

« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »
Tman
I'm a salesperson and have been so for most of my life.  Whatever product I am selling whether it be diamonds, shoes, clothing, rv items, I've always learned as much as I can about the product.  Even being new, if I didn't know an answer, I'd find out.  No bs, no fake information....and if I was new, I would explain that to a potential customer.  I'm just always suprised at the mediocre job that some people think is acceptable.....I guess when I have my customers expect the best out of me, I hope to get the same type of treatment as a customer.....just me I guess........

Mudheadsports

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2014, 08:36:38 pm »
Tubbin in 9 degrees.......

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2014, 05:59:11 am »
Tman
I'm a salesperson and have been so for most of my life.  Whatever product I am selling whether it be diamonds, shoes, clothing, rv items, I've always learned as much as I can about the product.  Even being new, if I didn't know an answer, I'd find out.  No bs, no fake information....and if I was new, I would explain that to a potential customer.  I'm just always suprised at the mediocre job that some people think is acceptable.....I guess when I have my customers expect the best out of me, I hope to get the same type of treatment as a customer.....just me I guess........

I have a buddy who can sell fire to the devil and ice to Eskimo's. He just has a way with people and always gets everything he needs to know his product inside and out.
Retired

Quickbeam

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2014, 01:45:37 pm »
Speaking of salesmen, I was out doing some running around yesterday and saw a Beachcomber dealership. Beachcomber is not on my shortlist, but my brother-in-law has a Beachcomber and he is happy with it, so I decided to stop in. I walked in the door and the salesman came up to me, shook my hand and said "Beachcomber has the best hot tubs in the business, bar none". I made some non-committal remark and he asked if I had been looking at other brands. I told him I had and when he asked what brands I said Hotsprings, Jacuzzi, Sundance and Marquis. He started to trash all these brands. I got mad and told him I knew these were good manufacturers with good reputations and I didn't come in to hear him trash talk other brands. He could see I was mad, he apologized and said he had just been on a sales course where they had instructed them on how to approach customers. I told him it wasn't working!

So if I look at the salespeople I've dealt with in my search for a hot tub, I had a Hotsprings salesman who didn't know his product and wouldn't let me wet test, I had a Beachcomber salesman who was way too aggressive, and then I had a Marquis salesman who was very good and a Sundance / Jacuzzi salesman who was fantastic. Guess which brands I'm more likely to buy?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2014, 08:05:07 pm »
There ya go. Is there a D1 guy around? Arctic? Vita? Clearwater?
Retired

Quickbeam

« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:36 pm »
I looked for both D1 and Arctic Spa. Unfortunately there are no dealers close by. I'll take a look at the websites for Vita and Clearwater and see what they have. Thanks for the tip!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »
The salesman we had really sold us on sundance.  No trash talking....the closest thing he came to that was we told him we were going to wet test a marquis and he said he wasn't worried about that.....I saw that as confidence.  Now I will tell you that we've had our spa for two weeks now I think and we had a bad speaker and now the led lights on the waterfall are out.......that is now a long term concern....we have used it every day.....yes even in single digits with wind chills in the negatives.  We've found that you get a microclimate in the sap and it's not nearly as cold as the air around.  We are about two steps to the house so not a lot of exposure before or after!!!
Happy tubbin all!!!!!!!!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2014, 07:47:44 am »
Ok all -36 out........I don't think there's tubbin today.......

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »
We had a high of -7 today. Woke up to -29. Hell it's down right balmy here compared to -36
Retired

Mudheadsports

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:24 am »
It's going to be 27 this weekend.....sounds like shorts weather!!!!!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »
I get 10-15 for highs for the weekend. Ice fishing weather.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:16 pm »
I get 10-15 for highs for the weekend. Ice fishing weather.

above or below Zero?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42