What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Essential Hot Tubs™  (Read 28208 times)

smchapman

Essential Hot Tubs™
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:24:04 am »
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this Essential Hot Tubs™ brand which is being sold at Costco.  They seem to have a few good features that are of interest, however, I'm unable to find out any info online about them.  Can someone point me to the manufacturers website?

Thanks, Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Essential Hot Tubs™
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:24:04 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Essential Hot Tubs™
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:23 am »
If you are looking for a less expensive option to the high quality, long lasting, energy efficient hot tubs available from the major manufacturers then the offerings at Costco will be a good choice.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:26:28 am »
Welcome to the forum. Most replies here will be like Tman's.  While its been years since I've personally went and looked at the tubs at Costco, I would definitely look at all my local options. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:59:20 am »
You'll, at least, have a real person to talk to in person, if something goes wrong with it. Good luck and welcome aboard.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

smchapman

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:17:18 am »
Since Costco (Canada at least) sells Beachcomber, I wanted to find out a little more about these Essential tubs... Based on the answers, I'm gonna guess you don't know who makes them, that's all you needed to say, or maybe not say anything at all.

Yes, chances are the tubs are of lesser quality than a Beachcomber or a Sundance, or.... However, they do have tubs with some nice features so I wanted to track them down rather than make an uninformed decision to discard them completely.

Scott

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »
There's a 100% chance they are of lessor quality.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »
They are probably all right about the quality..but costco's retun policy is second to none

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 11:40:54 am »
Since Costco (Canada at least) sells Beachcomber, I wanted to find out a little more about these Essential tubs... Based on the answers, I'm gonna guess you don't know who makes them, that's all you needed to say, or maybe not say anything at all.

Yes, chances are the tubs are of lesser quality than a Beachcomber or a Sundance, or.... However, they do have tubs with some nice features so I wanted to track them down rather than make an uninformed decision to discard them completely.

Scott

Here, They are made by a manufacturer that was asked to cut some corners to meet the price point demanded by Costco customers. Doesn't really make much difference who the manufacturer is. I think 8-10 manufacturers have mass produced a bunch of "special" tubs for Costco.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »
I am intimately aware of a major manufacturer who sold through costco.  They absolutely had to cut corners and make an inferior product to meet their price demands.  The product through costco was nothing at all like the quality of their tub they sold through the dealer network.  The problem is, consumers don't know the difference in acrylic thickness and backing, balboa controls or newport controls, etc.  They can't see that one cover is 1# density the other is 2#.  Customers can't see plumbing and insulation, so they all look the same.  What is quantifiable to a consumer is price, number of jets, and obvious features.  They see a tub with a lot of jets and a stereo that is a low price, so it must be a good deal.

westcoast70

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 12:16:03 pm »
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this Essential Hot Tubs™ brand which is being sold at Costco.  They seem to have a few good features that are of interest, however, I'm unable to find out any info online about them.  Can someone point me to the manufacturers website?

Thanks, Scott

Scott... Did u ever make decision re these tubs? I'm curious as to how it worked out...  Also... For everyone else, are u all saying that a Beachcomber spa at costco will be different than one of the same model bought elsewhere????

John

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 09:55:10 pm »
Also... For everyone else, are u all saying that a Beachcomber spa at costco will be different than one of the same model bought elsewhere????
John

Yes. To start you won't be able to wet test. Or ask a knowledgeable person about the tub. If your looking for the specific differences in build you won't find them. Beach won't tell you and Costco employees haven't a clue.

So lets start with the wet test. If you buy it and it feels OK. Well you get a tub that feels OK. To me that's a huge compromise. But to some it's not. I want a tub that feels fantastic. You may not need that. Go for it and let us know. It's cheap enough and you can always return it.
Retired

JOHN HARDING

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 09:37:57 am »
This tub is indeed made special for Costco. That being said it is of good quality and price.
If you want to see more go to this link: http://www.evolutionspas.com/ca/spa-models/lxcl502.html
Evolution spas is the manufacturer. I called and they were very helpful in answering questions.
Their website gives you manuals you can look at and more info in general.
I hope this helps.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »
Evolution isn't the manufacturer Strong Spas is

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 08:03:56 am »
There's a 100% chance they are of lessor quality.

Of course, Tman, there is also a 100% chance it will cost 50% less. :)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »
Actually not that much cheaper.  The one I just looked at was $9,499.  They had tubs in the low 3's but they were like the free flows so they really arent much cheaper at all

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42