What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Tri-flow filters.  (Read 3804 times)

kurt6137

Hot Springs Tri-flow filters.
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »
I have one more question about my 2013 Hot Springs Sovereign tub. I purchased the Tri-flow filters for my tub, which I like better than the stock filters, that came with tub. I was told these can be cleaned by the dishwasher. My questions are as follows: 1) What wash do i put them on, just normal and do i put them on high heat dry or normal ?  2) Should I run the dishwasher again, with some sort of cleaning agent, due to hot tub filter residue left behind.  3) Will this reduce the life of these filters, by washing them in the dishwasher ?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Tri-flow filters.
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot Springs Tri-flow filters.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:47 am »
I would not recommend running them in the dishwasher. I have tried it several times, and it really amounts to a good rinse,but it will miss whole sides of some of the filters.

Also, in most dishwashers the filters end up sitting on top of upright metal prongs - not a good idea.

If you are going to go ahead anyway, be SURE you do not have any 'Jet Dry' or similar products in use. In most dishwashers you cannot turn off the dispenser for these products, so you have to wait for the dishwasher to run dry of them. They will ruin the filters.

And finally - be sure you do not have any type of heated drying cycle engaged, it will melt your filter end pieces.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kurt6137

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:40 pm »
Thanks Chas, I can allways rely on you for straight and honest answers. Well, I will continue on cleaning the old fashion way. I spray the filter cleaner, let it sit, then spray it off and use the nozzle and brush made specifically for cleaning hot tub filters. I was just trying to make it easy on myself, but what the hell. Thanks for the info.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »
Our local Hot Spring dealer loves to sell their cool filters that you just put in the dishwasher.  Good to know this doesn't really work well.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:12:56 am »
Our local Hot Spring dealer loves to sell their cool filters that you just put in the dishwasher.  Good to know this doesn't really work well.
Thanks, Chas. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:12:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42