What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need the forums help please  (Read 3127 times)

summerside9000

Need the forums help please
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:48:18 am »
White light went out on my J 470 the other day. I was a little worried as the temp is -20. No worries I go out and shovel the snow and feel the water. It is 80 something I reset the GFi and the light goes back on and the heater indicator is on.
Two days later I check on the tub and its 60 degrees! white indicator light is on and the heater icon is flashing and the message says its in emergency mode circulating the water. Yeah and it minus 30 this am on a Sunday! White light is still white but kinda dull white.
I am suiting up to try and do something other than drain the tub. I also doubt the Jacuzzi dealer will respond before Monday or even Tuesday.
What can I do to troubleshoot or get this thing into heating mode?
The tub has only been operating for 6 months and has been working perfect until three days ago. It is a 2012 model with less than one year of service.
I purchased it new from Jacuzzi and it has had its problems but nothing like this.
Any advice will be appreciated guys.

Hot Tub Forum

Need the forums help please
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:48:18 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Need the forums help please
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:49:51 am »
As long as the water is circulating you'll be FINE, easily till Monday or Tuesday. DO NOT DRAIN it as long as the pump is continuing to circulate the water. There's a LOT more involved than just draining the water to winterize, and the risk of freezing is much greater than just letting it circulate.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:32:20 pm »
Have you tried removing the filters, any other error codes on the topside, is the waterfall running or not?  If not, it's either a bad circ pump or airlock.   If the waterfall is running, it could be a bad flow switch or a bad heater..   And as the doc mentioned if the water is circulating you should be alright.   If you lose power and may be awhile, drain the spa open the front cabinet and loosen all the unions so the water can escape and expand without cracking..  You still may have some freeze damage at those temps..   Good luck to you, let us know if you need more info! 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:35:02 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

summerside9000

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:43:27 pm »
yeah I pulled the filters this morning. no difference. screen says no action is required on my part (yeah right)  circ pump is running and I am running the jets to see if I can get the heater to start running with the jets going. maybe its the flo switch on the heater but there is no err code on the screen.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:07 am »
I don't know what you white light represents, but when my two "cabinet" lights flash, it means it has shut the spa down for some reason. This past weekend, mine was flashing. I checked the filters and the one that filters the circulation pump, was coated with something, blocking the water. I cleaned the filter, reset the two breakers, and all was fine. Good luck with yours.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42