What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone use a towel warmer outdoors?  (Read 56477 times)

Reese

Re: Anyone use a towel warmer outdoors?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 08:52:12 pm »
Hhhmmm, herbs in a bag....now that's some happy soaking! :D
We were invited to dinner at a new friend's house last week, along with 2 other new couples.  After a fun meal with lots of wine and laughter, and everyone bonding well, sharing stories of youthful transgressions... the hostess said to her husband:  "Jeff, get the pot!  I really think we should get the pot out."  I thought, "I'm really going to like these guys!" Then the coffee arrived! :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:52:42 pm by Reese »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 08:52:12 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 09:19:29 pm »
And your still thanking yourself for NOT being the perfect houseguest and saying, "don't trouble yourself, we can share mine".

:D ;D :D ;D :D :D :D :o :D ;D :D ;D :D :D :D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Reese

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 09:43:09 pm »
 ;D ;D Now that would have been bad! Luckily, I'm not that quick to share. ;D ;D
I did share my disappointment with the group (I'm not a coffee drinker ;)), and we all had a good laugh.  They seemed eager to please.  Perhaps they'll factor my dietary requirements into our next meal there. 8-)

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:10 am »
When I need a towel warmer here in Northern Minnesota that thing sitting outside is just not going to cut it.. I will build you one of these and shipp it anywhere in the US for 400 bucks. You choice of wood, light bulbs not included. (different wattages for different outside ambients.)

I was looking into towel warmers and came across this old post Tman122.
Bump for a great idea.

In the short run I think I'll try the Brookstone, but I'll be putting a variation of this on the rainy day project list for some time in the future!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045DO720/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0045DO720&linkCode=as2&tag=r1rinaicfavor-20

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:38 pm »
Yea my second one turned out a lot better. I used cedar real easy to work with instead of that tongue and groove ash. But I had more time and more experience. I now have one 500W quartz bulb with better metal shielding and can maintain 90 degrees even in 10-20 below temps. And I put a timer on it so it doesn't start the world on fire.
Retired

dakota7557

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 09:01:29 pm »
The US Government spent millions of dollars inventing a pen that would write upside down...The Russians used a pencil...I use a towel, make a mad dash for the tub when it freezing out but before I do I put another towel in the dryer so it's nice and toasty when I finish...lol

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 05:42:53 am »
The US Government spent millions of dollars inventing a pen that would write upside down...The Russians used a pencil...I use a towel, make a mad dash for the tub when it freezing out but before I do I put another towel in the dryer so it's nice and toasty when I finish...lol

I spent nothing. But I understand most people aren't capable enough to make their own.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 08:34:35 am »
Rin-spa-aic, that's the one we have sitting by our spa.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:46 am »

Thanks.  Was wondering how it holds up in the elements and if it could really heat a towel in it's 10 minute cycle when its sub 30 degrees out.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

Thanks.  Was wondering how it holds up in the elements and if it could really heat a towel in it's 10 minute cycle when its sub 30 degrees out.

I wouldn't be able to answer that one. Ours works well with our very moderate temps of 35 - 45* winters. I surely wouldn't indorse the item for those temps since it would only be an opinion and not a real experience.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »
Don't leave it out in the weather and it may hold up better. Or put it inside something. Maybe one of those poly deck boxes.
Retired

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 06:51:48 am »
I just throw a couple towels in the dryer for a couple minutes then put them in a cooler. They are still warm when I get out of the tub 20-30 minutes later.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
Yea if you roll them up tight and put them in a little 12 pac cooler it seems to hold heat for even longer.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42