What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MSRP  (Read 37152 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: MSRP
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »
Besides, the guy gave me his internet price.   I must have saved thousands.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »

brillskill

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »
Gotcha hottubguy..hopefully he has smooth sailing

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder if you guys really know anything about hot tubs here.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »
   It's a matter if you believe what were saying or not, doesn't sound like you do.  Not knowing what I know now I would probably question it as well.   I like many here have been in and around the spa industry for quite awhile, so yes the regulars here know what were talking about.  Honestly I think we get tired of defending what we know ( I know I do) to people that come here looking for info on a particular spa, but don't want to accept what we have to say about it, then call us snobs for suggesting a better brand from a dealer..   

How long you think your thermospa rep has been selling spas, do you know anything about him, where did he come from?  My best guess is he's either a ex car salesman or possibly an out of work traveling spa slinger that show up at fairs and road shows.  They usually know a lot about spa's and their competitors but they are also the types that will tell you just about anything to sell you a spa then say see ya.   If you have an issue with your new spa call him and see what he says if you can even get a hold of him.  I deal with them every year and trust me, they don't have your best interest at heart they think about their paycheck ? 

Anhoo doesn't matter at this point, you got what you wanted and their was no way we were going to persuade you other wise. And for what ever reason you were tight lipped about it and that's your choice.   I am sure you will be fine with your purchase so good luck again to you!   

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »
Has anyone EVER met a salesman that said, "ours are #2, they sell #1 down the street".
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2013, 09:07:19 pm »
.....How do you know what to believe or not to believe?.....
There is no way for you to know that even if you bought a Hot Springs.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and excitement is in your heart.  They all make the very same hot water.  Look forward with excitement and enjoy soaking with your significant other on a starlit night  :)

Once you analyze a purchase, digest what you can discover, make your decision, do not ask, or consider other people's opinions thereafter.  There are 2 sides to the moon, one is a bright and sunny side, and the other is the darkside, but they are both the same moon.  Your Hot Tub has a bright sunny side, and now they want to tell you about the dark side.

Be at peace with your decision and enjoy the Hot Water. ;)
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

brillskill

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »
Clover..you conveyed my point perfectly..(much more eloquently)..

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2013, 09:39:48 pm »
Thank you guys.  I appreciate the fact that you didn't beat me up one side and down the other.
I was just pulling your chain.   I didn't buy a ThermoSpa.   It was the end of the day, I had a glass of red wine and the rest is history.   I appreciate the fact that you held back as well as you did. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »
Besides, the guy gave me his internet price.   I must have saved thousands.

The direct from the factory price? Because when you combine that with the internet price I think they pay you to buy one.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24:19 am »
 The direct from the factory price? Because when you combine that with the internet price I think they pay you to buy one. [/quote]

You are correct, Tman.
They sent me a check.
I will be going to the Caribbean with the money.
There is enough left over, as well, for a few oil changes at Jiffy Lube.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:56 am »
Your catching on.

Anyone who thinks they are getting more than what they pay for is low hanging fruit for a good salesman.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:27 am »
Hey Tman,

The check was so large I can pick up a Caribbean ticket for you, as well.
We could knock down some cold ones and check out the hot babes in their thongs. 

By the time we got back, Jiffy Lube might even be finished with our oil changes. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »
Hey don't knock my guys at Jiffy Lube. They are the best, 10 minutes, 3 guys for 50 bucks, lubing the chassis, checking the air in the tires and re-filling the washer fluid!! Are you kiddin me. And it's 25 bucks for the oil and filter. They got wiper blades and belts if I need them and you get a free wash at my place. It's not a Jiffy Lube though, it's call McDonald Quick Lube. They said if I plug them they will give me a free wash upgrade.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2013, 11:58:19 pm »
Tman,
I will keep that in mind.  I'm sure those guys work their tails off and do a fine job.
I'll be waiting for you at the airport. :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:00 am »
I gota wait for my friend before I can leave. He went to the store to buy oil and filters to put on his shelf and he wants me to help him change his oil. He's been gone for 45 minutes so far and I figure we'll be done changin his oil in an hour then we're going to get rid of his old oil and filter so give us another hour and a half at least to clean up and stuff. Then i'll be on my way to the airport to meet you. If everything goes right.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42