What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: phoenix spa models  (Read 8098 times)

tubtime77

phoenix spa models
« on: November 29, 2013, 05:59:58 pm »
HI, new to the forum! Have had a cal spa for a bout 13 years but it finally leaked to a point where I got fed up with it and got the saws-all out to dismantle this 4000lbs water logged beast !!  I have always worked on my own tubs ie: new pumps , plumbing parts, control panel re-do's,  wiring etc over the years. I found a nice Phoenix tub on Craigslist, model 4030-SH-EC 2, that a guy had in his garage and never hooked up.....FREE ! Rented a trailer for $25 and a few hours later it was at my house with the help of 5 older teens.  Has some interesting features and have found the manual on spaparts123  but was wondering if anyone has any more info on this model ?   I looked at about 20 tubs to buy under a grand or free ( since I have newer control panel, 4 pumps, new Del ozonator etc) and everyone had something I didn't like or was water logged from leaking pipes!
Thanks for any input!!!!
In Denver area......

Hot Tub Forum

phoenix spa models
« on: November 29, 2013, 05:59:58 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: phoenix spa models
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:38:49 pm »
Phoenix is more of a value to lower middle of the road tub. On par with Cal. My buddies Phoenix is close to 12 years old with only a few issues. Pumps and such. He's thinkin it's done soon. So in my opinion they rank OK mostly. There's better brands out there but there are worse ones also.
Retired

tubtime77

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:27:23 am »
Hey thanks for the info!   Going to have it fired up in a few days and will post. Seems pretty solid with all the foam packing, unlike a few tubs I looked at with NO insulation anywhere. Like a WindRver Co. brand! Those tubs are paper thin!  It also has a pioneer CD player and corner speakers, LED lights and an ION ozonater which I am NOT familiar with ???
Also has 2 WaterWay high-end pumps and The Waterway wet ends which I have seen listed for over
$600 plus (together) on some spa sites.........
Thanks for any further insight on the features , pumps etc.....

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:06:06 pm »
Yes they have 56 frame pumps. Very solid but they do have a life expectancy. If they were well taken care of it could be longer but 6-8 years is pretty common.

Photos please.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:20:49 pm »
Sounds like you got a deal.

Welcome back to Spatopia!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:20:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42