What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help quick  (Read 2399 times)

Tmengeu

Help quick
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
I have a sweatwater Bahia 2002.  After refilling the temp was gone.  Control panel went Into watch dog.  Had tech come out and he told me control panel was bad so I ordered control panel and spa still did not work.  I called him back and he told me to install the circuit board.  Installed circuit board and pump on left side ran for about 3 minutes and the control panel was still in watchdog and would not let me used the control panel.  After 3 minutes the spa shit off and I could not get it back running.  Please help.......it's 23 degrees outside and I don't know what else to do.

Hot Tub Forum

Help quick
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »

clover

Re: Help quick
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »
.....After refilling the temp was gone....(????).....Control panel went Into watch dog.....(= temp conflict).....

Had tech come out and he told me control panel was bad so I ordered control panel and spa still did not work.  I called him back and he told me to install the circuit board.  Installed circuit board and pump on left side ran for about 3 minutes.....(freeze protection mode) and the control panel was still in watchdog and would not let me used the control panel.  After 3 minutes the spa shit off and I could not get it back running.  Please help.......it's 23 degrees outside and I don't know what else to do.

My first suspect would have been the temp sensor located in the filter bay.  If the temp sensor does not agree with the hi-limit sensor by 8° to 10°, you will get a watch dog, and the spa is disabled, this would be the 4 dashes accross the control panel.  There is a test plug that a service man should us to confirm that.  Simple 20 minute fix for a service man, if you are going to change it out, let me know.

Now you say, you ordered a control panel, did the service man put it in, call him back?  Then you installed a new circuit board?  Did the service man put it in, then call him back?  If so, he would have recognized it wasn't fixed.  But, it appears you may have changed them out.  If that is the case, save the parts you removed, as they are probably still good.

The temp sensor is not telling the truth to the circuit board. 
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Tmengeu

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 03:50:01 pm »
Would that be the same as a high limit sensor?

clover

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:13:41 am »
Would that be the same as a high limit sensor?
The Hi-limit sensor monitors the temperature of the heater, is attached to the heater, and is not your problem.  The temp sensor is the suspect and it monitors the body of water, located in the filter bay.  You would need to disconnect it at the sensor loom inside the circuit box, there is a trick to doing that.  Then follow the wire that leads to a ½' PVC line, through which it travels to filter bay and is screwed into the shell.

However, before doing that, I would suggest putting the new temp sensor over the edge of the spa into the water, while plugging it into the loom, and putting it back on the board to verify the resolution of the problem before replacing it.  if the spa operates normally, remove the wires once again, tie a string to the old sensor and pull it through at the filter bay.  Transfer the O-ring from one to the other, pull the wire back through the ½" PVC, and connect it again to the sensor loom.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:13:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42