What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Garden spas by Artesian  (Read 19971 times)

tuffy

Garden spas by Artesian
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:23:22 pm »
Does anybody have or know any thing about Garden Spas  by Artesian they make 3 models all with 21 jets and what they call a 3hp motor

Hot Tub Forum

Garden spas by Artesian
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:23:22 pm »

azloafer

Re: Garden spas by Artesian
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »
We have a very small back patio.  We have no spa dealers in our city, but we do have a Garden Spa Dealer 45 minutes away.  After much research on the Internet we have concluded that the Azalea Spa, 110 Volt model, in the Garden Spa Line, is the only one that will fit on our patio.  It has two lounge seats and 21 jets and a 2 speed pump.   It measures 76" X 46" X 32". The only other dealer that sells the Garden Spa is 3 hours from us.  We are concerned about service after the sale so we are not interested in buying a spa from the factory or costco or anything like that.  We have decided on a package which includes an ozonator, deluxe cover with cover lifter, led lights, steps, years supply of Nature 2, two filters, delivery and set-up and sales tax for a total of $3666.00  Maybe someone can tell me if that is a fair price for a two person tub.  The parent company is Artesian.  The only other company that makes a two person tub near this size is Thermospa.  After reading all the bad press about Thermospa we dropped that idea real fast. 

The problem is that we are into our 10Th week of waiting for the spa which was supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks to be delivered.  All we get are excuses.  When we said that we might cancel the order, we were told that we would be charged a 20% restocking fee even though the company does not have the spa to give us!  We have filed with the BBB.  We still want the spa if things can be worked out, we just don't understand what is going on.

azloafer

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »
We just found out that the factory wants to wait until they have a truck load of spas before shipping.  The local dealer is seeking another shipper for our spa.  Maybe we can work this out after all.

One thing that I wanted to add is that we chose part foam rather than full foam.  We did this not only on the dealer recommendation, but on a neighbor's advice.  We live in the Arizona Desert and the neighbor says he has to keep his cover off all the time in the summer months because the spa water gets too hot from the pump heat alone.  He wants his water no hotter than 98 so that they feel comfortable for a daily one-hour soak before bedtime. He may devise some way to have nice looking screen doors where the pump is.  The other dealer recommendation was to use Nature 2 and they are giving us the first years worth free of charge.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:51:31 pm by azloafer »

tuffy

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:02 pm »
We just found out that the factory wants to wait until they have a truck load of spas before shipping.  The local dealer is seeking another shipper for our spa.  Maybe we can work this out after all.

One thing that I wanted to add is that we chose part foam rather than full foam.  We did this not only on the dealer recommendation, but on a neighbor's advice.  We live in the Arizona Desert and the neighbor says he has to keep his cover off all the time in the summer months because the spa water gets too hot from the pump heat alone.  He wants his water no hotter than 98 so that they feel comfortable for a daily one-hour soak before bedtime. He may devise some way to have nice looking screen doors where the pump is.  The other dealer recommendation was to use Nature 2 and they are giving us the first years worth free of charge.

tuffy

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:42:28 pm »
I have had my garden spa since May I also was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks it took 10 weeks.  The first time I used it 1 of the twirl jets came  out it took about a month to get it fixed.  I called the dealer and called Artesian it was like they didn't know what a twirl jet was. Wanted me to send picture so they knew what to order.  After that about 6 other jets kept coming out.  They finally got them replaced and it seems to be working pretty good now.  I paid $3300.00 deliverd .  No set up no chemicals no ozanater basic tub

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:22 pm »

I live in AZ too... but you don't want to leave the cover off all the time, especially in the summer months.  It's an excellent way of destroying your shell.  Instead, I tell people to get a tennis ball and cut it in half.  Put 1 half on both sides of the cover to vent it.  It's just as effective and you will avoid blistering your shell.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:08:53 pm »

I live in AZ too... but you don't want to leave the cover off all the time, especially in the summer months.  It's an excellent way of destroying your shell.  Instead, I tell people to get a tennis ball and cut it in half.  Put 1 half on both sides of the cover to vent it.  It's just as effective and you will avoid blistering your shell.

... that does work well and is a better solution for this issue IMO than buying a spa that is only partially insulated.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

azloafer

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:37:59 pm »
I guess I'm putting my trust in the dealer on this one.  Since I don't know much about spas, I would wonder why the dealer would pass up some easy money and tell us that they don't recommend full insulation in our climate when it is an option. While our patio is very small, it is covered with a roof and has a retractable screen on the east side to cut the morning summer sun.  My wife and I have had several spinal surgeries and we both have arthritis so we are very anxious to get this spa for health reasons. 

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:31 am »
My Parents just purchased the Azalea but in 220V.  Appears to be a preety cool little tub for the size and all. They paid $3675 Taxes in CAD. Delivered with an ozinator.

azloafer

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »
Well, in spite of both of us being under the weather due to bad colds, we went into our new spa for the first time today.  It is hard to believe how much room is available for a spa that looks so small compared to most other spas.  We even found that we could leave the lounge seats and sit sideways with, our knees up, but still comfortable.  I am 6' tall and I stretched out and feel that someone much taller could still be comfortable in the lounge seats.  My wife is 5" 8" and she was still comfortable.  The two lounges, even though made the same, are forgiving as far as being comfortable for different body shapes and sizes.  The pump has two speeds and all the jets are adjustable.  There is an air control also.  Each jet and air control goes from off and gradually to full on.  There is a difference in the back jets in one lounge as compared to "my wife's lounge."  Notice that one side has already been claimed by the boss.  The only way I will ever get to test that side is when I am home alone.  Must be something magical over there.  We like the water at 98 because we like to stay in a long time.  I know that some purists like 104, but that seemed too hot when we first attempted that.  We turned it down and waited for it to cool to 98 and we were in for 45 minutes.  We are looking forward to a nightly soak for our back problems.  Just this first time convinced us that we made a great decision in buying a spa and especially this model because of our small patio. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:26 pm »
I'm so glad to read that you finally got your tub, and that you are enjoying it! Welcome to "Spatopia." May you soak long and prosper...

And speaking of that - in your post you mentioned running the temp low. Don't worry about what some will call 'high' or 'low.' Just set the temperature right where YOU like it. For you, that will the the 'right' temperature! As you have already found out, higher temps cut the soak time way down for most folks. Do what is comfortable, but don't forget to test the temperature of the water with a hand before you climb in.

Enjoy!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

magnil

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »
Really interested in the Garden Spas Azalea as it would fit perfectly. Want a hot tub for massage of my sore back.

-Is the massage hard enough for the back?
-How does the cleaning work? No separate circulation pump, is the noise level high? Can you set at which times it should go? (will have it indoor so concerned about the noise level).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42