What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tubs Direct, they have what I want, but....  (Read 4042 times)

Kevbo

Hot Tubs Direct, they have what I want, but....
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:42:13 pm »
So Im looking for a 2 person lounger. I cant find any local.
 The only ones I'm coming across is an 'Super lounger' from Hot Tubs Direct.
Has any one ordered from Hot tubs direct?? Just seems very sketchy...but they seem to be the only ones that have exactly what I'm looking for when I web search.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:33:46 pm by Kevbo »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tubs Direct, they have what I want, but....
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:42:13 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tubs Direct, they have what I want, but....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 10:46:10 pm »
When I did a google search for it it looks like its a Chinese hot tub. Make sure it's ul listed. My only advice for you is you get what you pay for.

Kevbo

Artesian? Island? Tigre Hot Tub 47 Jet Double Lounger Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »
So I'm considering the 'Tigre Hot Tub 47 Jet Double Lounger Spa' online from HOT TUB AND PORTABLE SPAS.
Affordable, back yard delivery, 5 year warr., 110v or 220v option, triple seal leak proof guarantee, 3rd party inspection and a seating configuration that is perfect for us.....which has been very hard to find.

From what I can tell from the links it's an Artesian brand, Island model.
But when I go to the Artesian web site the 'Tigre' isn't in their Island line....?

Any one have any feed back on this spa or the HOT TUB AND PORTABLE SPAS online store??

Guess if I dont get an answer here Ill ask on the websites chat.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:22:22 pm »
I don't think its a good deal at all.  5 year parts only warranty plus by the pics on the website it looks to use real cheap electronics

Kevbo

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »
I don't think its a good deal at all.  5 year parts only warranty plus by the pics on the website it looks to use real cheap electronics
The China 'Super lounger' or the 'Tigre Hot Tub 47 Jet Double Lounger Spa' looks cheap?
Ill agree the Super lounger looks cheap but the Tigre looks as good as any.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 11:32:35 pm »
The le Tigre. It's so cheap because it's cheaply made. They make misrepresentation of the size of there pumps.  They use extremely cheap control systems which is why they can offer the spa so cheap.  It's not made by artesian but by who I believe is integrity spas. I would love to know who the 3rd party is. I have seen many of these cheap spa brands come and go over the years and that's what this tub is

Sam

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 10:49:54 am »
That warranty is virtually worthless.  I would venture to guess that after you have had that tub for 6-7 years, the additional money spent on energy consumption and repairs would add up to the equivalent of a quality brand's mid-grade tub.  Putting a TV in a hot tub is a terrible idea.  Especially one with moving parts that is only warranted for 90 days.  All those bells and whistles are what fail.

You get what you pay for....

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »
Looks like many options needed. ThermoGaurd™ Premium Cover
The cover for Island Spas is a highly durable, child proof walk on cover, with a waterproof insulated foam padding which insulates your spa. The spa also comes with child proof locks, and folds over in the middle. Our covers are durable and built to last. Listed as an option.

I see nowhere that they are CEC compliant, which means they are energy hogs.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 02:06:52 am »
Good grief, you have to "upgrade" in order to get a synthetic cabinet vs. "their standard" wood sides? C'mon...give me a break.

J

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 02:06:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42