What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva jet mod  (Read 6680 times)

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
Caldera Geneva jet mod
« on: May 24, 2006, 05:08:56 am »
I am really happy with just about everything concerning this spa, but I feel I would be even more happy with a slight modification.

The upper Euro jets on the lounger itches after a while if I use really high pressure. I'd like to switch them with the wrist Euro-pulse jets from the Ecstaseat.

Can this be done?

I know how to remove the Euro jet nozzles, but the Euro-pulse jets really sits tight & low. Do I need a tool? Set of pliers, perhaps?  I have tried to rotate it counterclockwise, but it only moves a tiny bit and won't come off.
I'd like to know this before I destroy something. :)

Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva jet mod
« on: May 24, 2006, 05:08:56 am »

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
Re: Caldera Geneva jet mod
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:19:40 am »
Yes - I have replaced several Eurojets with Europulses. The outer ring rotates off same way as the regular Eurojet. Then there is a a white cylindrical sleeve. I stuck a small screwdriver inside it partially to gently pry it out.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:30:14 am »
Order new Euro pulse jets.  If your dealer can't help you, I'm sure our friend San Diego here can.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:21 pm »
yes you can do it. as others have mentioned before if you need any additional help PM me.

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:56:04 pm »
I experimentred quite a bit and thought I would post what we like in our Geneva.

At first, I thought it would be cool to make all the foot jets pulse. Bad idea. The direct power is much nicer. I did settle on leaving one pulse in each foot jet under the "big toe" jet. We found we liked the pulse in the wrist jets on our fingertips. This gives a bit of the fingertip like effect on your big toe.

In the seat of the lounger, I replaced all the EJ with EP. This makes all jets in this seat "active".

The last change was very specific to me - I wanted to dull the calf jets in the ecstaseat, so replaced those too.

jeff

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 12:21:31 am »
I replaced about 20+ of those jets in my tub.  I too didn't care for em in the foot jets.

I own a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia.

They were pretty easy to remove/swap out.

What I did notice when I purchased the spinners from 2 different places is,they have left and right spinners lol.  I couldn't tell a difference,so I think if it spins left or right is a moot point.

Here's some pics of the parts....

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 08:46:38 am »
Thanks guys! :D

I took a bath this morning and brought my trusty Leatherman. I was able to pry off the EP:s with the screwdriverbit, and used the pliers to gently pull out the EJ nozzle.

Result: Much better. I cannot understand why Caldera doesn't put EP:s in the lounger. It is not comfortable to have that high pressure jet so close to the back. I'm very happy now.

Autoplay: I really like the high pressure in the foot jets. It's easier to move the feet around a bit to ease off the stinging, as compared to the back where you are seated stationary.

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 11:55:07 am »
Just wondering how much them euro pulse jets run for cost.  I might want to put them in my lounger as well.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »
We used to have all the spinners in the tubs, they replaced them with the euro jets now a few years ago, because too many kids were snapping off the piece at the end of the tub. I like them with the euro pulse jets a lot more.

as for price, I don't know it off the top of my head but you can go here http://www.spapartsdepot.com
and they can get them for you, I don't think they are expensive at all.....

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 07:13:31 am »
I apid about $5 or $8 each at my dealer.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 10:27:29 am »
I had a customer recently put 24 of the spinners into his Tiger River Caspian. Same exact jets -

He changed back to the straight jets for the feet, but otherwise he is very happy. He said that the overall pressure went way down as a result of changing all of them like that, but I don't think there was a change in actual pressure - just a perception of change due to the drastic change in the way the jets feel.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Florida Ron

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 04:43:32 pm »
My two euro pulse jets do not turn very well anymore.   How do I remove them without breaking the face plate?   Do they just turn a certain amount and then I can put in new rotors??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 04:43:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42