What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone Generator not working  (Read 2715 times)

smackman

Ozone Generator not working
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »
Well, My JED 103 ozone generator has stopped working. It looks like it has burn't up. It is putting out nothing and the CD sub assembly is cracked and looks burn't. The power light is on but...... :o

Any suggestions on a replacement or should I order another JED 103? It has a JS 240 plug. My hot tub is a 2010 Jacuzzi J-465.

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone Generator not working
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »

BNMac

Re: Ozone Generator not working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »
How old is the ozone generator? 
Voltage?
I have the Gecko in.xe system in our Columbia; the new plasma gap generator had a 4' cord with no connector, though it came with a molex housing.  I cut off the original cord from the CD generator & spliced it onto the new one.  Original cord wires were black/white/green, new cord was the European style - brown/blue/green w/ yellow tracer.  Brown/black is hot, white/blue is neutral, green/greenYellow is ground.

CD generators last 1-3 years depending on their usage model - the plasma gap is supposed to last 7 to ten... so I'm told.

smackman

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:38:57 pm »
The JED 103 Generator was a year old. To replace the CD sub assembly would only be $30 cheaper than a new one pricing it on the internet.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:38:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42