What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pump question on Marquis Silver Anniversary Euphoria  (Read 5173 times)

Wood

Pump question on Marquis Silver Anniversary Euphoria
« on: August 06, 2013, 06:29:25 pm »
I picked up this used 2004 Marquis Silver Anniversary spa knowing that one pump motor was bad, and it had one pump replaced in the past. The pump that is bad is under the control box and it turns out it is a smaller 48 frame size pump and I think this is the one that was replaced by the original owner. the other motor is a 56 frame pump and I think they are both supposed to be 3hp 2 speed 56 frame size pumps.

The online manual for the spa says two  MP160 pumps. Are the manuals always correct? And why would they install a smaller pump as a replacement, and would the performance be close?

Not sure if it is against the rules here to ask this also, but where would a guy get the best price on a replacement pump motor. I want to replace just the motor not the entire wet end.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Pump question on Marquis Silver Anniversary Euphoria
« on: August 06, 2013, 06:29:25 pm »

MarKee

Re: Pump question on Marquis Silver Anniversary Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »
The SA Euphoria or Reward models would have came with two MP160 56 Frame pumps from the factory.  The 48 Frame must be an after market pump that was installed.  From a dealer you can usually only get the entire pump with the motor and the wet end.  They won't have the ability to order just the motor or the wet end from the factory.  Not sure if it's possible to get just the motor from some after-market source.

Wood

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:27 pm »
unfortunately the dealer wants 629.99 for the replacement for the mp160, I'm sure that's why a smaller 48 frame size motor was put in. I would like to restore it to original performance.

Wood

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »
well, got it up and going finally, what a learning experience!

ordered a new century motor, and a universal 48/56 frame seal plate for dura-jet wet end, o ring, and seal, wired it up and I'm in business. Cleaning it out now with swirl cleaning solution then empty/refill and balance I should be good to go.

cuteasabutton

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »
I ordered my pump from electric motor warehouse. It was 246$. That is motor n wet end. They are in the states but with shipping was 346$. Here in town he wanted 500$ plus tax. Found this place on eBay. Hope this helps. They sell everything for hot tubs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42