What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 sundance cameo flo message.......still  (Read 4650 times)

goofysniper

2005 sundance cameo flo message.......still
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »
Hi all,, hope someone here can help me,, have that pesky flo message and not sure what else to do. I have replaced the circulation pump, the flow switch, circuit board, and filter, drained and refilled it a few times and still there. Is there something else to look at that could be bad? All pumps work great but heater wont kick on due to flo error. Thanks in advance for any help i can get here..... James

Hot Tub Forum

2005 sundance cameo flo message.......still
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2005 sundance cameo flo message.......still
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:36:02 am »
So you replaced the circ pump,  flo switch, filter and circuit board and still have the flow issue? Something doesn't jive here, only thing left is a air lock or a lack of power/volts.   If you have a volt meter see if you do in fact have 220v running to the circ pump. 

goofysniper

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:50:58 am »
Will try that but i do know the waterfall works great and that is off the circulation pump correct? Is there a pressure switch or possibly the smart heater is bad? Just dont want to have to spend hundreds more if its a easy part replacement.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »
 If your waterfall is running then yes your circ is working, only a few things can cause a flow issue.  Dirty filter most common, bad circ pump, air lock and or a bad flow switch, last would be circuit board.    So unless you have your flow switch in backwards not sure what to tell you, obviously something is not right.   A bad heater wouldn't give you a flow error,  it also won't turn on if there is a flow error code.    Where you buying all these parts from, might be tech time.   ;)

goofysniper

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:48 pm »
can someone send me a picture of what the k1 k2 and k3 wiring is supposed to look like,, mine seems different than the manual,, and just to kill my curiosity,, what direction is the flow from the heater to the flow switch, does it come out the top of the heater through the flow switch or does it go right to left through the switch into the top of the heater,, this thing is making me scratch my head,, thanks

goofysniper

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:48 pm »
finally found a pic,, its correct,, dang,, was hoping it was something stupid

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »
The little filter screen under the main filter probably got sucked into the circulation pump.  Turn the spa off, and take the main filter out.  Unscrew the pipe that the filter slides on to. 

Have someone put their hand over the other hole in the filter compartment (the one with the plastic screen) while you use a wet vac on the hole you took the pipe out of.  Run it until the vacuum fills up.  Check the bucket and you will most likely find the filter. 

The flow from the heater to the flow switch is from the top of the heater, to the right, through the flow switch. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42