What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Aspen  (Read 10377 times)

C2SGuy

Sundance Aspen
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:40:01 pm »
Looking to get a hot tub to keep the wife and kids happy.  Is anybody familiar with the Sundance Aspen and happen to know what a fair price is?

Hard to check locally as there doesn't seem to be that many dealers that sell this brand.

What are the pros/cons of Sundance and what other brands should I look at?  Not looking for cheap-just want to make sure whatever I buy is going to last.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Aspen
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:40:01 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Aspen
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:24:29 pm »
The Aspen is a bigger tub in there premium line.  Would expect to pay in the 11-12k range for that tub.  Other brands to check out would include Caldera, Marquis, Jacuzzi or Hot Springs.  Those are the tubs that I would generally consider to be "high end" along with the Sundance.  Other brands that are right with them in quality just not ones I come across often but ones that I hear generally good things about would be Bullfrog and D-1.  Good luck in your search

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 03:15:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   I concur with what Hottubguy said.   I just hit the 1 year mark with my Sundance and am very happy.  How many people in your family?  The Aspen is a big tub.  We went from a 7 person tub to a 5 person tub for our 2nd one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 03:42:40 pm »
The Aspen is a bigger tub in there premium line.  Would expect to pay in the 11-12k range for that tub.  Other brands to check out would include Caldera, Marquis, Jacuzzi or Hot Springs.  Those are the tubs that I would generally consider to be "high end" along with the Sundance.  Other brands that are right with them in quality just not ones I come across often but ones that I hear generally good things about would be Bullfrog and D-1.  Good luck in your search

a brand new Aspen for 11-12k? good luck with that

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »
I was guessing how much do they go for?  The nearest Sundance dealer is 60 miles away so dont compete with them much

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »
Oops got it confused with the Optima

C2SGuy

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »
Thanks for the replys.  We are a family of 4 however the kids have plenty of friends.  I'd rather buy a larger one and not regret having bought one that is too small.

TwinCitiesHotSpring, not sure what value your comment adds.  If you think it is not in the ballpark why not just throw in a number you believe to be more realistic.  I already received the whole story-"I have to move it from this spot.  I have to get a Jacuzzi in that spot.  I have nowhere else to put it.  I need to move it blah blah blah.  Our 21st anniversary sale is this weekend. Yada, Yada Yada."  None of those statements make me think there are others lining up to take it home today.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:45 pm »
Thanks for the replys.  We are a family of 4 however the kids have plenty of friends.  I'd rather buy a larger one and not regret having bought one that is too small.

TwinCitiesHotSpring, not sure what value your comment adds.  If you think it is not in the ballpark why not just throw in a number you believe to be more realistic.  I already received the whole story-"I have to move it from this spot.  I have to get a Jacuzzi in that spot.  I have nowhere else to put it.  I need to move it blah blah blah.  Our 21st anniversary sale is this weekend. Yada, Yada Yada."  None of those statements make me think there are others lining up to take it home today.

Hopefully you can get it in that range. There is no set number as there are variables at play that make it different prices from dealer to dealer and depending on what part of the country you are in, what volume the store moves, floor model vs new order...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mjb

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:06:02 pm »
Mid $ 12's for a Sundance Aspen here in Columbus, Ohio.
The seats in this spa are very comfortable for a wide range of people.
And the jet massage action is outstanding.

C2SGuy

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »
Thanks guys.  I live in Michigan. Loved the spa but have lived without it for years.  I'll hold my ground and push to get it for mid to high 12's.  It does have the stereo installed.

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:06:12 am »
C2SGuy, glad you're in the market for a quality spa.

We here at Bullfrog Spas would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Contact us by email at info@bullfrogspas.com or by private message.

If quality and durability is important to you there are a couple of things you'll want to know about Bullfrog Spas. 1. We do not use wood in our spa frames so no rotting or warping over time. Instead we use a durable ABS composite that will not deteriorate with moisture or weather. 2. Our JetPak Therapy System is engineered to eliminate almost 90% of the conventional plumbing used in conventional hot tubs. You almost just need to see it to believe it. It's a more efficient system that eliminates a lot of problems over time and lets you customize your spa in a much more personal way than any other.

Sorry to get so "salesy" here, we just believe in our product. Good luck in your search. Whatever you choose, you'll love your new hot tub.

All the best,
Bullfrog Spas Support Team
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:27:18 pm by Bullfrog Spas Support »

C2SGuy

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:47 am »
Ok, I offered $12,500 for the Sundance Aspen that I was told had to be gone within a week blah blah blah.  The salesman said no over the phone so I said I wasn't interested. He then left me a voice message stating he spoke to his manager and we could work something out.  So I called back and he said he could go to $13,500.  I'm not sure how he thought we could work something out being $1K apart.  Anyway, I'm willing too buy right now but have gone without for 45 yrs so what's the big deal about waiting til the right deal comes along?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 12:45:11 pm »
Ok, I offered $12,500 for the Sundance Aspen that I was told had to be gone within a week blah blah blah.  The salesman said no over the phone so I said I wasn't interested. He then left me a voice message stating he spoke to his manager and we could work something out.  So I called back and he said he could go to $13,500.  I'm not sure how he thought we could work something out being $1K apart.  Anyway, I'm willing too buy right now but have gone without for 45 yrs so what's the big deal about waiting til the right deal comes along?

See what your other options are (Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis...) and if they contact you again let don't hesitate to let that slip.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

C2SGuy

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 08:53:58 am »
Happy to report I did end up buying a Sundance Aspen.  I did get the stereo as it was already installed.  Kind of an impulse buy so I spent a little more than anticipated going in but very excited to be getting it before winter here in Michigan.  Now I just need to get the electrical sub panel installed and cut out a spot in my current deck where it will sit.

Thanks for the advice here.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 10:23:53 am »
So what happened? Did the sales rep cave and come down to your price? Did you cave and go to his price or did you meet in the middle?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 10:23:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42