What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub covers  (Read 2347 times)

Hottubbuckeye

Hot tub covers
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:34:13 am »
New owner here.  Just bought a Hot Springs Aria and the cover it came with doesn't fit tight.  Do I need to fasten it down when not in use? Tighten up the straps? I can't detect any heat leaking out, but when I press down on the front of the cover (by the control panel) it "gives" just a bit.  Is this normal?  I can imagine I would detect heat escaping if there was snow on it, but no snow so far.

Thanks, in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub covers
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:34:13 am »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Hot tub covers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:53 am »
Can you post a couple of pics?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:57:42 am »
If the cover is brand new, it may just need a bit of time for the hinge to stretch out. Snugly attaching the straps will help with any cover to better maintain the heat in the spa.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 01:35:54 pm »
like the Dr said, use the straps at first and the heat of the water + sun exposure should stretch it out a bit allowing it seal nicely

Hottubbuckeye

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »
Can you post a couple of pics?

It's undetectable by photo, that's why I was wondering if I'm too worried about it.  I also haven't gotten my first electric bill since installing my tub, that may tell me more.

I'm going to tighten it up and see how that works out for me.  Thanks, all for the response.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42