What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Qs: ozone+UV, headrests, spa ledge  (Read 2353 times)

MTSB

Qs: ozone+UV, headrests, spa ledge
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »
In the process of new spa shopping, and I'd appreciate comments from you experienced hot-tubbers about a few issues:

1. Does it make sense to have both ozone and UV systems in a spa? I.e., together, will they reduce the need for chemicals much more than having one or the other?

2. It seems to me that some spa headreasts are rather flimsy, plasticy rubber that move around too much, as opposed to a nice, immobile headrest with a little give. I'm thinking about the headrests on the Hot Springs tubs, and to a lesser extent, the Jacuzzis. The HS dealer said they do not have alternative headrests. Are these generally replaceable? I.e., after buying a spa, can I find replacement headrests that will fit the spa?

3. I like sitting on the edge (ledge?) of a spa to cool down, but many of the new spas seem to have very narrow ledges, which are not comfortable to sit on. (And many cool down seats are too deep into the water to serve this purpose.) Do some top spa brands tend to have wider ledges for sitting?

Many thanks,
MT in SB

Hot Tub Forum

Qs: ozone+UV, headrests, spa ledge
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42