What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DO NOT BUY FROM RHTUBS::---> CHEAP COVERS AND DISHTheresa  (Read 31624 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Based upon this, and another post elsewhere. I'm going to assume your Dr. Gary Feldxxx from Oakland California. While I work on gathering the documentation and paper trail, yes, we keep rather good records, let me start by responding with, your very first contact with us was through our online contact form on Sunday 06/02/13 at 6:32 PST. Today is 10/30/2013. Your 6 months doesn't quite match up with the Gregorian calendar used by most of the world.....a run down of that 4+ months is coming soon :-)   stand by.....
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
2 hours of formatting the documentation/paper trail, and I think I'm just going to go with my closing paragraph (if anyone wants the whole drawn out story, feel free to PM me);

Dr. Feldxxx, you say it took 6 months to get your cover. This is not quite correct. Due to this being an out of the ordinary order, including needing you to provide a template and then approve a CAD drawing, and having communication issues (we didn't have your phone number, and there were great lengths of time it took for you to respond to our emails), though you first contacted us on June 2nd, the cover wasn't formally  ordered, and didn't go into production until we got your final approval...which was on August 13th (2-1/2 months after your initial contact). The shipping company first tried contacting you on the 18th or 19 of this month to make delivery arrangements. While I am not happy with the length of time it took from the beginning of production to attempted delivery of your custom cover (and am looking into it further to prevent it from happening ever again), it has not been 6 months...and we did refund you quite a generous amount for all the troubles.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ericr

I wish I would have read this before I ordered my cover from RHT.  I have to totally agree with wfs1wfs as far as RHT very poor customer service.  E-mailing Theresa is like talking to a wall. They never get back to you after the order has been placed. I'm not going to go into all the details, because it only infuriates me, but I would never order a hot tub cover (or anything else for that matter) from them again.  You definitely get what you pay for -  Caveat Emptor.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
I don't know what some are saying. I oredered my new cover from RHTubs. Did it from his website(very easy to do). I ordered it at the end of Dec and received it four weeks later. Perfect fit and very happy with the quality of it

rosewoodsteel

What barrier....there is no "barrier between the cover and the Styrofoam. The cover slips over the Styrofoam....PERIOD!!

Sorry my friend, I can see the vapor barrier as clear as day in your second picture.     

rosewoodsteel

To me, that comment regarding the vapor barrier was a whopper.  When someone is dishonest with me, I take everything they say afterwards with a grain of salt.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I've ordered 5-6 covers from Doc's and never had an issue.
Retired

Pers Onal

Re: DO NOT BUY FROM RHTUBS::---> CHEAP COVERS AND DISHTheresa
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 08:00:22 pm »
I've got a RH Tubs cover. It's the third cover I've put on my spa, and the best one.

I paid a little more than I did for the second replacement cover on my spa which was not nearly as well made, this one was maybe 50 bucks more, nicer thicker foam that has a taper to the top. It was the nicest cover RH TUBS spa offered at the time.

Also, I had an issue where the inside web/strap handles that you see when the top is open and folded over the back - was not centered, making it difficult to pull the foam back in place.

So, I sent Theresa pics of where the handles were sewn - they had the vinyl cover remade and sent me a new one, without asking me to send the old one back first (or later)

No muss, no fuss, no hassle.

They took really good care of me, and I didn't have to push or be demanding (trust me, I would have if needed) and I remarked at the time to my wife - these people are really nice to work with and gave me no hassle about a replacement cover.

I did have to wait several weeks due to it being a custom cover where I sent a template in for the corners.

So, I like the cover - they took care of my issue quite well, and I will definitely purchase from there again.

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 12:21:13 am »
Going on 6 months and a brutal winter so far in CNY and I've very pleased with my cover from Doc!!! I think I've even saved alittle $ as it's a nicer fitting more insulated cover than my OEM Caldera cover. Thanks Doc!!!

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 07:37:36 pm »
Mine Failed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:22:47 pm by rphman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 08:55:15 pm »
 Oh!  Your one of those people?   ;)    ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2018, 08:55:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42