What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st Time Buyer - Advice Needed! Please and Thank-You!  (Read 5385 times)

Canada

1st Time Buyer - Advice Needed! Please and Thank-You!
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »
Hi.  My wife and I have narrowed our purchase down to the Jacuzzi J-365 and the Marquis Promise.  We wet tested both and were impressed with both. 

The price difference is about $3000 - Marquis being the cheaper and Jacuzzi being the more expensive one.

We are having trouble differentiating between the brands?  Any advice from the forum regarding which brand is viewed more favourably would be appreciated.

We live in a cold climate and the hot tub will be outside - is one tub/brand better insulated?  Does anyone have a recommendation on which brand performs better in the winter?

And finally (Sorry!) - any thoughts on Jacuzzi's clear ray technology vs. Marquis constant clean technology?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

1st Time Buyer - Advice Needed! Please and Thank-You!
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 1st Time Buyer - Advice Needed! Please and Thank-You!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:30 am »
It's been a while since I've personally looked at the Marquis as I have no dealers near me. But this is a no lose situation.  Anything about the wet test make you lean one way?  I was leaning toward the Jacuzzi, but my wife floated in the seats so we went Sundance.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:49:44 am »
Both good brands. The whole Clear Ray vs Constant Clean is mostly just marketing mumbo jumbo, call that part a tie and wet test to see what you like
220, 221, whatever it takes!

summerside9000

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:41:18 am »
whichever features you like should sway your decision. I have a Jacuzzi and its nice. some times the grass is greener sometimes not.I like the way the jets really blast and the different jets in the seats and waterfall are good for variety. The clear ray and ozone are both effective options and my water is very clear and smooth. That is providing you keep the chemicals balanced and the bromine up. I would go saltwater next time but would probably get tires of that brine after awhile. ;)
Its nice sitting back in that water with the lights and tunes and thinking this is awesome!
On a side note they are all overpriced. 15 grand for a hot tub?
My grandmother would have a heart attack if she knew. :o

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »
Both good brands, as far as energy efficiency they're going to be similar, the Promise has a heavier duty cover with a heat seal down the center, so if anything I would think the Promise would be slightly more efficient.  Sounds like the J-365 is overpriced, or you're getting a great deal on the Promise.

Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »
Thanks for the help! 

We actually just wet tested the Marquis Euphoria and liked that one more than the Promise.  We especially liked that the seats are all quite different and also at different depths. 

Now we just have to try and negotiate on price.  Does anyone know a rule of thumb regarding price negotiation?  i.e. how much wiggle room the dealer actually has?  I am thinking somewhere between 10% and 20%.

Thanks again.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »
Id go for 25% and the worst that could happen is he says no. Maybe he only goes 15%
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:23 pm »
Sound like the dealer is pricing it out pretty well already if he's that much cheaper then the jacuzzi dealer. What's he asking?

Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:05:24 pm »
The Marquis Euphoria has been quoted at $11,0000 all in (including taxes)...which in Canada is ALOT! 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:30:26 pm »
Does that include any options such as constellation lighting, steps, cover lift, stereo?  For that tub 11k is a pretty good price

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:24 pm »
Plus 11k Canadian is like 10.5k us so that's a real good price

Canada

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:35:55 pm »
It does not include the stereo.  But does include the others.   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »
That's a very fair price for that tub. It doesn't hurt to try and negotiate but be prepared for that to be the dealers best price. Good luck!

Canada

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »
Thanks for the advice. 

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 01:49:47 pm »
That's a great price for the Euphoria, we sell them for more than that and we are very close to the factory.  If it matters to you, the Marquis are made in Oregon, USA and the Jacuzzis are built in Mexico.  Warranties are nearly identical.  You might take a look inside the front access panel of the Euphoria and you will be surprised how well things are put together compared to some of the other spas on the market.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 01:49:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42