What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub RASH!!!  (Read 3869 times)

Grandee622

Hot tub RASH!!!
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:57 am »
After one moth of tubbing in my new tub, I've broken out in a rash. So I've read everything that I could on the subject in this forum and others. The strange thing is that  the rash only effects the upper part of my body. The parts of my body that are in contact with the surface of the water! I just don't get it! My water chemistry is perfect. Can anyone give me advice on what this could be and how to resolve it?!? Thanks everyone, I'd really appreciate it :-\

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub RASH!!!
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:57 am »

Wizard

Re: Hot tub RASH!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:33 am »
If I understand correctly, everything was fine until recently? What chemicals are you using and what are your water test results?

Sam

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:42:43 pm »
What does the water look and smell like?  How long has it been in your tub? 

chem geek

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 10:49:11 pm »
"water chemistry is perfect" means nothing.  Give us specific numbers for pH, Total Alkalinity (TA), Free Chlorine (FC), Combined Chlorine (CC) and Cyanuric Acid (CYA) -- Calcium Hardness (CH) would be nice to know, but not critical for this problem.

What kind of disinfectant are you using?  How much do you add and how often?  Does your spa have an ozonator?

Aimer

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:49:55 am »
I have exactly the same issue. My tub has been running for 4 months with no problems, but I too started to develop an itchy rash on my torso.
I have been using chlorine as a sanitiser and my readings are PH between 7.2 & 7.8, Alk is high at 180 and FC has been kept around 3.
On advice from my local hot tub shop I have switched to Bromine (see other thread) but I have not tried it yet due to the itching being still there.

Grandee622

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »
Thanks for  the responses but I've figured it out! What it the problem turned out to was dry skin. Now when I get out of my spa I shower with warm water and soap and while I"m still wet I slather lubriderm on my torso arms and shoulders! Rash gone and I can now hot tub. It as much as like! 8)

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »
Thanks for  the responses but I've figured it out! What it the problem turned out to was dry skin. Now when I get out of my spa I shower with warm water and soap and while I"m still wet I slather lubriderm on my torso arms and shoulders! Rash gone and I can now hot tub. It as much as like! 8)

I'm going to give that a try! My ankles is what breaks out in the itching. I put vaseline on them before every soak, and it helps most of the time, but not always. I'll try washing off the chemicals for a while, then putting moisturizer on.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42