What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa  (Read 41432 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Feel like biggest sucker around ..Thermospa
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 10:21:12 pm »
Don't you have a right to cancel law of some kind on in home purchases before delivery?

I'v seen many posts that indicate if you try to cancel with T-spas they give the old "we already ordered it for you" line so you have to PUSH to cancel.

Teach,
I hope all works out for you. We're not against the spa so much as we are thinking they are overpriced for what you get. I'm sure you love it, stick around and let us know how things go.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:26:25 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 10:21:12 pm »

J._McD

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 11:22:44 pm »
Thank you for being so open and honest with your feelings.  As a consumer, I believe you are going through some buyers remorse.  Even a King buying a Rolls Royce can go through some buyers remorse.

You have done nothing wrong, so stop kicking yourself in the A$$.  You did everything this forum tells people to do.  Your friends spoke highly of the spa, you wet tested it and IF it was more than you could afford, you would not have bought it.

All Hot Tubs are enjoyable.  They all have the same Hot Water and they all provide the same comfort and enjoyment.  There is NO reason why you should anticipate a negative experience.

OK, you don't see a lot of positive feedback for the decision that you have made, but that dosen't make it a bad decision.  Your friends are enjoying what they bought and chances are, you will too.  The customer service seems to be a cut above.  I don't hear about any of the dealers on this forum saying they are constantly calling to see how things are going.  

Don't let us kid you, we all sell something and we are "somewhat biased".  As for the consumers on this forum, they all bought something.  Maybe, it wasn't the best or the biggest, or even the most expensive, and then again maybe it was all of those things, but let me tell you this, we are all enjoying HOT WATER and if there is one thing ALL of my customer tell me, it is this "this is one of the best decisions that they have ever made in a lifetime".

Now, let's focus.  Put a bottle of bubbly on ice, get some of those scented candles, locate the cooler so you can put your robes in the dryer and then in the cooler (warmer) and let's look forward to some cold winter nights.  The stars are spectacular on a moonless night.

And then tell me, you did something wrong.  NO WAY! ;)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 06:32:37 am »
Thanks for the encouragement .........but, its going to take some time to get over the fact that my search to buy a quality spa may end up as a big stresser.    

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 07:47:08 am »
Thanks for the encouragement .........but, its going to take some time to get over the fact that my search to buy a quality spa may end up as a big stresser.    
 After I put in an offer for a house and was waiting for it to be accepted and then for the home inspection and stuff like that (about 4 days) I kept looking on the web at housesand fretting over the decision made.  I would call my Realeastate guy and ask to see this house and that one, he was willing but told me once you make up your mind you will drive yourself crazy if you keep looking at houses.  It has been 2 years now, no regrets.  Stop looking for the negatives and think about what a great purchase you have made, if you want to worry about something worry about the chemical routine.  Start now searching the topics, that will keep you busy.

Ray

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 12:44:22 am »

If you have friends with good experiences, you may as well. If you have the cash and are comfortable spending more than you needed to, then you may be oK.  My advice is to cancel before it arrives (even if they charge to a small fee to cancel).  If they do deliver it, my advice is for you to be "overly" critical of EVERY aspect and simply refuse delivery if ANY ONE thing is not correct.  It is not unusual for Thermospa units to arrive configured wrong or wrong color or, etc.  If they don't have the cover, simply tell them to come back when they have the complete order (and then take advantage of their screw up to cancel the order stating that they tried to deliver the wrong thing - not what you ordered).  This way yo have given them their chance and withdrawn after they failed.  I am not a lawyer but can tell you that such a procedure would give you a good position in court. Good luck
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 11:13:26 am »
May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!  Don't fret!!  Having any tub is a wonderful experience!  I'm sure you will have great luck with your Thermospa!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

cheres

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 10:16:35 pm »
Hey Teach,
Don't worry.  I too bought a Thermospa before finding this sight.  Mine was delivered in May and I absolutely love it.  I paid a reasonable price for mine when compared to similar spas.  

I did get discouraged after finding this sight, but found that some folks have had their share of problems with the well known spas as well.  I didn't feel comfortable posting on this sight until now because of the negative feed back.  Don't let the negative opinions spoil your fun.

I bought the Thermospa because I was too bashful to wet test and they made it convenient by coming to your home for the site assessment.  Many dealers don't really offer the wet test routinely anyway.  You have to ask.  You were lucky that you had friends and family so that you were able to try it out before purchasing.  

B.T.W-- I got my October electric bill for this year and my bill was very close to last year's.  It is very energy efficient.  You'll enjoy yours.  I have had no problems.  Ordering chemicals is very convenient on-line from their website.

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 11:46:52 pm »
Gosh - I dunno. we purchased a tub and paid $11,500 (includes taxes of 8%, steps, piston lifter cover, GFCI, LED lights, garden lights, chem startup kit, towel rack, extended 5 year parts and labour warranty, delivery + installation...) and that seems short of your price, but not by much.

Ours is also a 6+ tub, not a 4 and we have one third the jets (102! and 5 pumps! WOW!) at 44 with 2 pumps. we also live in Canada which affects prices (exchange rate, blah, blah) or so i'm told.

Look around and you may find that it's in line price-wise, considering you have all those jets and pumps (can it fly too?). plus come on, you're operating on testimonials from friends and family!

now that you've spent the cash, wait for the first soak and then the 100th after that - this is apparently what it all comes down to. (then after having to upgrade my electrical service to the tune of an additional $2,000 not disclosed as remotely neccessary, by the dealer at the time of purchase, it's really all i've got to look forward to...ha!)

GimpyD

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »
You should be enjoying your spa now, so, what do you think? I've hat the Concord for about 6-7 years now. Many people shook their heads when I told them what I got. My neighbor insisted his California Spa was the best there was! (Even had a spa room added to the house) it has been broken for years. Another said I overpaid (I spent about $8,000) that hot tub? Dead. Another friend with another model...dead. What good is a great price on a hot tub that is dead in a couple of years? These were foam filled spas. That is the reason I got the Thermospa. I did get a leak that my teenage son fixed. The control panel went out, after getting no help from the online customer support, I ordered the part. Again, my son popped out the old panel, plugged in the new one, and we were good to go! The warranty is overstated, it is "prorated" so after a couple of years it is pretty much useless, but since it's so easy to fix, I say it's just as well. I've loved it, the lighted handlebars are handy, the individual controls are a great idea, the wrap insulation, rather than foam filled is worth a million as far as I'm concerned. I felt the same. As you did after buying this tub, but it's great! Easy to fix, roomy, Water hose fill up, and the ability to sleep like a baby is worth it to me. I hope you are feeling better! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42