What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Ozone Install  (Read 4984 times)

Roastin

Beachcomber Ozone Install
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:42 pm »
Hello all.  I am recently new to owning a spa and stumbled across this forum.  Looks like a lot of good info on here.   I have a question about my 2001 Beachcomber 720.  This spa was ozone ready and I installed an Aqua Sun XL-80.  This is an all enclosed unit that only needs to be hooked inline with the 3/4" hose on the spa.   This is what I did but I don't believe it's working.  I can see that the unit is powering on during the filter cycle but don't see any extra bubbles entering the water nor do I detect the ozone smell that I have read about.   This is new to me and I'm not quite sure what to look for.   One thing I find odd is that I don't think there is much water flowing through the 3/4" water line judging from the feel of it.   I am also hoping that this water should be flowing from right to left through that hose.   Is anyone familiar with this plumbing?  If I knew where the ends of this water circuit were I would be able to figure it out but they are not visible. 

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Ozone Install
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:42 pm »

Roastin

Re: Beachcomber Ozone Install
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:07:05 pm »
Here is what I'm working with.  As you can see, the plumbing disappears on the other side of the wall. 

bob snader

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
That thing has a built in injector but I don't believe it has its own built in pump so what are you using for a water source?

Roastin

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:17:56 pm »
Shouldn't water be flowing through that 3/4" hose on an ozone ready spa?  The line is warm, I don't believe it has much flow through it though. 

Roastin

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:49 pm »
Or are you saying it has to be routed to external pump supply instead for inlet and then just use one output through the wall?  I have no idea where the lines go on the other side.

bob snader

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »
Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be a separate pump. You could hook it in with your heating/filtration pump, but yes, you do need some form of moving water supply on the inlet.

There is an injector inside which will inject the flowing water with ozone... but you need flowing water.

Roastin

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »
I realize it doesn't have to be a separate pump, I can plumb it to the low speed pump.   I just assumed that the water line I put it inline with should be on the low speed circuit.   This is new to me though.   Thanks for the reply. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42