What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Cradle Question  (Read 3769 times)

Bert2013

Cover Cradle Question
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:56 am »
Was about to pull trigger on HS Gleam but in discussing the cover options, I just do not like the fact that my view sitting in the tub is of the cover standing a foot or two above the edge. And not the one where half of it stands up, the one that is lower but still sticks above the edge. Kinda blocks the view out to the back. Dont need the privacy but know I need the help with the large cover. Anyone else had this issue or figure a way to solve it? Or is that just what I have to live with when getting a large and rectangular tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Cradle Question
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:56 am »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Cover Cradle Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:21:54 am »
if you have a lot of space behind the tub you could use a 'cover shelf' which is basically arms that attach to the spa that you can fold out and slide the cover flat onto...although it won't be nearly as convenient as say the cover cradle esp. on a spa that large

Bert2013

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:45:35 am »
Thats a thought. While I know I could handle a cover that large just flipping onto a shelf, would that be a bit much for a wife? The store I am buying from did not have a cover on the Gleam so I am not sure of the size and weight. I did use their cradle to see how easy on a smaller model just no idea of how hard it would be without that help.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 12:45:54 pm »
Thats a thought. While I know I could handle a cover that large just flipping onto a shelf, would that be a bit much for a wife? The store I am buying from did not have a cover on the Gleam so I am not sure of the size and weight. I did use their cradle to see how easy on a smaller model just no idea of how hard it would be without that help.

Happy Wife, Happy Life...I'm not married but isn't that fairly true? lol....with that said I would go with the cover cradle to make it easier for her to use when your not around, bottom line it will be much easier for her to use rather than "wrestling" that big cover...just an FYI you can also use the uprite lifter on that spa, that is what I have on my Gleam model in the showroom

girlinhotwater

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:52:02 pm »
I have the Envoy and cover cradle. I've seen the Gleam it's a monster....HUGE! I cannot even imagine not having a cover cradle for it. If it's a pain in the ass to get the cover off to enjoy the spa, she won't even bother. Trust me on this you want the cradle  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 12:34:40 am »
I really like the quality of the covers which Watkins makes for their tubs: HotSpring, Limelight, Hot Spot and now Freeflow.  I have sold and installed the Cover Cradle I on all of the Gleams we have sold, and I have to say it's the right setup for a cover that big.

But having said that, I would not hesitate to order a custom cover from Robert's Hot Tub or Ideal Spa Covers. Get a three or even four-piece cover and a pair of Cover Shelf units. That way any smaller person should be able to open one section and enjoy the spa, or push the whole thing off in two pieces.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 12:34:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42