What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting Ready to purchase a Swim Spa or Hot Tub  (Read 4236 times)

brand0at

Getting Ready to purchase a Swim Spa or Hot Tub
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:40 pm »
I want to purchase a swim spa, basically for excerise and fitness, but my husband wants a 2 seat hot tub at the end. I have heard that the water temperature is lower in a swim spa than a hot tub. If this is the case, will someone sitting in the hot tub seat be comfortable? AND what is the best swim spa, as far as efficiency, etc. Also, has anyone used the Dr. Wellness swim spa OR hot tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Getting Ready to purchase a Swim Spa or Hot Tub
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:40 pm »

Sam

Re: Getting Ready to purchase a Swim Spa or Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:15:52 pm »
Is the Doctor Wellness being sold by a reputable dealer with a service department?  They are not known for quality tubs.  They recently changed their name to that.  I forget the original.  Someone sells them out of a storage unit here. 

Swim spas typically can go to the same temperature as a hot tub, but at higher temperatures it can make swimming uncomfortable.  They do make dual zone swim spas with 2 separate areas and temperatures.

I can't really say who makes the best swim spa, but I would highly recommend that you do as much research as you can.  Check for reviews of the dealer and the manufacturer.  Check with the BBB.  Stick with reputable dealers and manufacturers.  Ask for a copy of the warranty and read the fine print.  There some warranties that sound great until you actually read all of the exclusions and pro-rations.  Also, stick with a company that isn't too far away and has their own service department.  If they sub-contract out delivery or service, this is a red flag.

Good luck!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:35:53 pm »
Why would it be a red-flag for subbing out delivery?  I don't know many dealers around me with the equipment to deliver a swim spa.  We use a sub with a crane for that type of delivery

Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
A company that sells swim spas but can't do the delivery?  Hiring a crane is one thing, but I would think that a rep from the company would at least oversee it, connect the straps, etc... From what I have seen, subcontracted delivery crews typically don't provide the knowledge and service that in-house crews do.  In-house crews also tend to care a bit more.  I'm sure that there are good ones, but I would wonder why the company doesn't do it themselves.  I'm not saying that it's a deal breaker, more of a red flag that warrants asking a few questions about who does the delivery and what the arrangement is.  It's the same thing with service.  If they subcontract it, I would want to ask a few more questions.

Krsy

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »
Anyone looking for a swim spa should go look into Endless Pools.  I did a lot of research on these, since I already have a pool we opted in the end for their Fast Lane which will hook onto our current pool edge.  We were able to wet test the Fast Lane at an owner's home and that sold us.  Ours is ordered and we are awaiting delivery (along with our new Marquis Spirit spa).  I don't know how well their Swim Spa with the hot tub included at one end works, but they can be tested and you get to speak to actual owners, so I would give it a try if your really interested.

We are hoping that all the works here (new deck and pool resurface) will be done by mid-October and all the new toys will be in place. Mr. Krsy has been working hard to move the pool equipment to a better location and dismantling the pool cage. Everything is coming together and I assist where I can.  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42