What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa Owners- Micro Antibacterial Filters  (Read 4994 times)

kporter

Master Spa Owners- Micro Antibacterial Filters
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »
I was hoping to get some feedback from Master Spa owners who have the Twilight Series Micro Antibacterial Filters. A dealer in our area is suggesting with these filters no chlorine or bromine is needed. Seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa Owners- Micro Antibacterial Filters
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Master Spa Owners- Micro Antibacterial Filters
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »
That's ridiculous.....oh you said that.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »
 Raise the BS flag!!  ;)   All micro-ban does is inhibit the growth of bacteria on the filter media itself.    IMO all it does is help filters clog faster and need more frequent cleanings..  Pretty much my feelings on micro-ban acrylic also.. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »
I was hoping to get some feedback from Master Spa owners who have the Twilight Series Micro Antibacterial Filters. A dealer in our area is suggesting with these filters no chlorine or bromine is needed. Seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Not only would I use chlorine regularly (yes, you REALLY do need a sanitizer) but when it comes time to replace the original filters in a couple years I'd just get the regular filters as well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 01:34:42 pm »
last year I had a customer in here who shopped a local Master Spa dealer that said the same thing...pretty much one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard, not only are you telling your customer to do something that is dangerous (not adding sanitizer) but your also basically telling them you DON'T need to buy chemicals from them...I'm no Donald Trump but usually a business attempts to make money to keep its doors open by selling products and turning a profit

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:41:20 pm »
last year I had a customer in here who shopped a local Master Spa dealer that said the same thing...pretty much one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard, not only are you telling your customer to do something that is dangerous (not adding sanitizer) but your also basically telling them you DON'T need to buy chemicals from them...I'm no Donald Trump but usually a business attempts to make money to keep its doors open by selling products and turning a profit

I'm not sure if this is something being asked by a spa owner or a person who is shopping for a spa and questioning the story he is getting. Maybe they just give them the no-chlorine promise before the sale to get the deal done and then wait for the owner to inevitably come back later with water issues and then "help" them fix it by suggesting they use chlorine.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:51:52 am »
Or it's from the "Traveling Circus" and all thy care about is making the big sale.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bert2013

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 03:13:36 pm »
Just returned from Master Spa show. I was told same thing, no need for chlorine.

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:08 pm »
Just returned from Master Spa show. I was told same thing, no need for chlorine.

Don't fall for it.  After every show, we get a bunch of phone calls from people with master spas and cloudy, musty, funky water.   

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 11:48:56 pm »
Tell them to put it in writing and guarantee it....heck, I buy one then....oh, and it doesn't count if they say it needs bromine.

Actually, if someone reported them to the EPA, and really pushed it, they'd be open to $100k fines (yes, that's $100,000.00 per occurrence).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »

They'll tell you anything you want to hear to make the sale, Masterful salesmanship.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42