What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Switching from Bromine to Nature 2  (Read 3686 times)

Spoiledrotten

Switching from Bromine to Nature 2
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:58 pm »
Is there anything special I have to do to make the change from Bromine to Nature2, like draining the spa, purging the lines, etc.? Anything I should know about the Nature2 except to keep the water balanced as you would with any sanitizer?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

Switching from Bromine to Nature 2
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:58 pm »

chem geek

Re: Switching from Bromine to Nature 2
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:09:41 pm »
Nature2 must be used with chlorine, not bromine, so you need to change the water.  If purging the lines is easy for you to do, then do it, but there's probably not enough water left in them to be an issue with the leftover bromine/bromide.  If it's only a small amount of bromine (or bromide), it will eventually outgas when you chlorinate the spa.

I presume that with Nature2 that you want to use it with non-chlorine shock (MPS) except for once a week or so chlorine.  If so, then you need to maintain an MPS level so need to get test strips for that (or use a supplement to the Taylor test kit, but it doesn't sound like you are using that).  See the Nature2 Spa Owner's Manual.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:15:27 pm »
Thank you, CG!
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:15:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42