What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What a difference new filters make  (Read 2975 times)

goneaway

What a difference new filters make
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:56:43 am »
I recently bought an 5 year old Artisan Island from my friends son.
Of course, getting it moved 10 miles, then creating a suitable base, having it wired up, and buying chemicals to suit etc was a job in it's self.

I gave the filters a darn good clean before we started to use it, but i thought i really ought consider replacing them, after all, i don't know how old they are or what sort of abuse they've had.
After a few days googling, i determined which ones i needed, and ordered them last week.

Wow, what a difference.
The flow into the skimmer box is so much stronger, i can now actively see water being drawn in.

Hot Tub Forum

What a difference new filters make
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:56:43 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: What a difference new filters make
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:44:48 am »
Yea buy 2 or 2 sets and change them out every other week or so and soak them in cleaner over night and rinse them off for the next change.
Retired

goneaway

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:16:50 am »
Does filter cleaner really work ?
What is it exactly ?
And is not just something found under the household sink, but under a different name/price tag ?

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:07:49 am »
I was thinking the same thing. I believe something like Oxi-Clean would work even better at cleaning plus would be gentler on the filter material. Just my thought on it. I bought the expensive "filter cleaner", but when it runs out, I'm going with Oxi-Clean.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

girlinhotwater

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:20:02 pm »
I am using TSP (trisodium phosphate) one cup to five gallons of water in a bucket, soak overnight then hose off well. I buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot. I bought one extra filter, so that I can rotate cleaning them and still use my spa. If you have more than one filter, I also recommend rotating your filters so that they wear the same. With Hot Spring spas, the filter with the grey cap is used 24/7 for circulation, so obviously gets more use. They are expensive, so I'm hoping my maintenance plan prolongs my filter life.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »
Yea TSP
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »
I am using TSP (trisodium phosphate) one cup to five gallons of water in a bucket, soak overnight then hose off well. I buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot. I bought one extra filter, so that I can rotate cleaning them and still use my spa. If you have more than one filter, I also recommend rotating your filters so that they wear the same. With Hot Spring spas, the filter with the grey cap is used 24/7 for circulation, so obviously gets more use. They are expensive, so I'm hoping my maintenance plan prolongs my filter life.

That's what I do with my Hot Spring filters; rotate them. I marked them 1 - 5, and every time I clean them the next number gets a turn with the circulation pump.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

goneaway

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:33:38 am »
My task today.

Find TSP in the UK.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:33:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42