What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thanks - We pulled the trigger on a J365 tonight  (Read 2431 times)

Jason

Thanks - We pulled the trigger on a J365 tonight
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »
Thanks to everyone on the forum for your advice and feedback.  After a long and somewhat stressful process (I obsess over this stuff), we've pulled the trigger and purchased a J365.

Throughout the entire process we wet tested a Coast Silhouette, Artesian Grand Cayman, J280, J245, Maax Elite 5400, Sundance Chelsea, Sundance Optima and J365.  Originally I was leaning towards a J280, but the moment I wet tested it I knew it wasn't right for us.  So, thanks to everyone who encouraged doing a wet test.

Honestly, my favourite of all the tubs we tried was the Sundance Optima, but we just couldn't afford the price.  I believe it was 10k plus taxes.  I'm envious of any of you enjoying this tub.  Perhaps we'll upgrade someday. :-)

In the end we chose the J365.  Overall I think it's the best tub for our needs.  The only thing I was disappointed in with the tub was the pressure of the dome jets, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me and I know we're going to be very, very happy with the tub.

We're having a new patio, pergola and fire pit installed this month beside our existing deck, and hope to have the hot tub set up by November 1.  Can't wait to get wet.

Thanks again for all of the posts, info and input this site and users provided.  It was all so helpful in our decision.

Hot Tub Forum

Thanks - We pulled the trigger on a J365 tonight
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Thanks - We pulled the trigger on a J365 tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »
 Good choice ad congrats!    The optima is very similar to the J-470, realistically  the 365 has the same pumps for the most part HP wise.  To increase foot jets you can close a couple of the upper jets and that might help.  What color combo you go with? 

Jason

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:52 am »
Thanks for the tips regarding the foot jets.

We went which chestnut cabinet and platinum shell, but to me it just looks like brown and white. :-)

msbug

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »
Great choice!  We've had our 365 a couple weeks and love it!  At first I agreed that the foot jets weren't that impressive, then realized they close very easily when we're running our feet over them, so make sure you have them all the way open and that they haven't been twisted closed.  Also, flip the switch that adds the air bubbles to it (yeah, I know there's probably a technical name for it but heck if I know what it is.  It's one of the circular ones with "Jacuzzi" on it that you can flip on or off.  My husband and I didn't even know there was one that added that feature to the foot dome until we'd had it for a week.  It adds a bit more power to the massage feature. 

Enjoy soaking! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42