What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator big bubbles now fixed.  (Read 3430 times)

Ozonator big bubbles now fixed.
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:20 pm »
I had noticed that there was a lot of gurgling coming from my hot tub as the ozone came through the water in big bubbles. Manufacturer wasn't much use as it would seem that they had stopped fitting a plastic flow restrictor after it kept getting blocked. Thought of various ways to reduce the bubble size and finally found something that works very well.

Having done my homework and researched how the ozone valve sucks ozonated air along the pipe I figured out that I could reduce bubble size by restricting the flow through the ozone pipe by pressing on it. Firstly I decided to get an external flow restrictor that pressed on the pipe. I tried two types, one that they use in aquariums and then one with a rachet to control how much it restricted the flow. This worked for a short time but moved and was either on too much or not enough. It was also a pain to keep taking the front panel off all the time every time I wanted to adjust it.

Finally decided to buy a new longer length of ozone tubing and buy a 1/4 inch inline fuel tap that can be turned up or down to get the exact flow rate. Found a suitable plastic type that is used for go carts, lawn mowers, motorbikes and quad bikes. Then placed the tap in an easily accessible place, so I don't need to keep taking the whole front panel off. Now I can very accurately control the bubble size of my ozonator by turning the tap to control the flow rate until it is just right.

This works very well indeed!

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator big bubbles now fixed.
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42