What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet testing question  (Read 3128 times)

PatB52

Wet testing question
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
I'm brand new to this forum and am finding it very helpful. I've been wanting a hot tub for ages because of back issues and I think I finally have my hubby on board. I have visited three of the four local dealers in my city so far and found a nice variety of manufacturers offered. I have one dealership I'm leaning towards (for seceral reasond) and they sell Hot Springs.

My question is, can you actually wet test the model you are most interested in or are you limited to testing whatever model(s) the dealership may have filled currently? Are the different models within a manufacturer similar enough that testing whatever they happen to have filled sufficient to make an informed decision?

I did do a search of previous posts for these questions and didn't find any, but then I didn't read every post listed. I apologize if I have repeated something that has been covered before.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hot Tub Forum

Wet testing question
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Wet testing question
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:40:16 am »
Welcome to the forum!  As to your question, your mileage will vary.   I've heard wildly varying stories about the availabilities of wet test.  Some dealers have more capabilities than others. I've been to dealers that sold tubs and didn't have 240 volt access or enough water /drain facilities.  Where I bought my last tub I tested 3 tubs in their test room, at least 2 more on the sales floor and then spotted one we wanted to try that was on the floor dry. We asked and a week later it was in the testing room.   I would guess maybe 10% of dealers would be that accommodating. (pure guess)

You can see similarities between models of the same brand that are helpful, but some fit and comfort traits are best in the particular model you are looking at.   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:05:15 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

callmeburnt

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:57:18 pm »
I'm brand new to this forum and am finding it very helpful. I've been wanting a hot tub for ages because of back issues and I think I finally have my hubby on board. I have visited three of the four local dealers in my city so far and found a nice variety of manufacturers offered. I have one dealership I'm leaning towards (for seceral reasond) and they sell Hot Springs.

My question is, can you actually wet test the model you are most interested in or are you limited to testing whatever model(s) the dealership may have filled currently? Are the different models within a manufacturer similar enough that testing whatever they happen to have filled sufficient to make an informed decision?

I did do a search of previous posts for these questions and didn't find any, but then I didn't read every post listed. I apologize if I have repeated something that has been covered before.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I am new to this forum also.  So please bear with me.
PatB52, take your time looking for a spa.  Test and do alot of research.  I am in a situation with a spa company and it is horrible.  Spa is junk, had trouble since about the 2nd week I got it.  No one answers or responds. They've had my spa for months and now the "NEW" person I was in contact with WONT RESPOND BACK. And I was trying to send them $$$$$.

PatB52

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 01:09:08 am »
As a follow up to my question, I did wet test the two models that I am most interested in at the local dealership today. They just happened to have those two filled. I think they may be their top sellers. Anyway, I found that I did float out of the lounge area, but then I didn't take the time to adjust the jets down. I have come to the conclusion that I would prefer another available seating space over the lounge seat. I plan on going with a third model that is most like the one with the lounge seat. Now, just working on getting the hubby to pull the trigger!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 07:59:59 am »

I am new to this forum also.  So please bear with me.
PatB52, take your time looking for a spa.  Test and do alot of research.  I am in a situation with a spa company and it is horrible.  Spa is junk, had trouble since about the 2nd week I got it.  No one answers or responds. They've had my spa for months and now the "NEW" person I was in contact with WONT RESPOND BACK. And I was trying to send them $$$$$.

If you don't mind me asking, what brand?
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 11:08:47 am »
like stated above it will depend on each individual dealer and more specifically if they are located in a building with the power capacity to hookup multiple spas at once...we are fortunate enough to have 6 "wet tubs" whereas 2 of my local competitors only have 1 model filled at a time...big advantage and I'm thankful for it

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 11:08:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42