What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times!  (Read 2092 times)

msbug

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times!
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:47 pm »
Our Jacuzzi 365 is being delivered Friday.   8)  Once we've got the electrical hookup finished and the cover lifter on, what do we do?!  I'm sure there's going to be a beginner's pamphlet coming with the tub from the dealer when it's delivered, but I like to be prepared, plus, I want to know how much extra stuff I'm going to have to do before I can fill her up and jump in!  And yes, I know I need to wait for the water to heat up first. ;)  Although it's supposed to be in the high 80s here, so it doesn't have to get too warm before I'm willing to take my first dip! 

Hot Tub Forum

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times!
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:47 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:48:42 pm »
  What are they setting you up on? Chlorine, bromine?   Honestly I like one tbsp. chlorine after use depending on how many people are in there shock once a week watch your PH/Alk  and use the ProClear cartridge (nat 2)  Pretty easy!   

gazruss

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:19 am »
had my j-480 installed 2 weeks ago by Jacuzzi Ontario. They gave me the starter kit and went through the whole operation and chemical maintenance routine. i was a bit wary as this was my first hot tub, but after the instruction from the installer, and the direction sheet they left me it is pretty easy, i had the tub wired by 12:00, filled by 12:30, and my better half was sitting in it at 7:00 pm.... Because i am new i test every day, and like Jim said, i toss in chlorine after each use (Every day) and have shocked it twice, took a water sample into my dealer for testing and was told i am spot on...not too difficult really...

goneaway

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 04:10:52 am »
This is what I would do.
Fill it, and add 1-2 tablespoons of non chlorine shock.
Leave the pumps running for an hour.
Then add 1 tablespoon of Bromine or Chlorine granules, dissolved in a little warm water.
Allow 1 hour per degree of temperature to heat up.

Once it's up to temperature, using test strips check the bromine or chlorine levels.
I find that 1 tablespoon will increase the sanitation level by about 2ppm (2 parts per million)
Ideally, your'e looking for a level between 3 and 5ppm.
If your strips tell you that you have 1ppm then add maybe 1.5 tablespoons of Bromine or Chlorine, and test again in about 10 minutes once it's fully mixed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 04:10:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42