What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals/Health  (Read 3719 times)

333president

Chemicals/Health
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »
Hey Guys,
I just got a Caldera Makena. Pretty happy with it so far.

I am just kind of nervous about all the chemicals. Do they pose a health threat? I plan on using this almost daily. But hate the idea of bathing in chemicals (which I guess is better than bathing in bacteria).

Is it dangerous to be in these chemicals daily?

Is there any natural way/natural products to effectively maintain water quality?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Chemicals/Health
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Chemicals/Health
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »
essentially the only chemical you would be soaking in a regular basis is Chlorine...and regardless of what people think Chlorine is 100% safe and is used throughout the world for thousands of different uses...disinfection of city water supplies, medical equipment, produce, and also used in hundreds of other industries.  Some good reading here: http://library.thinkquest.org/C004050F/use.htm

so to answer your question, yes your spa is 100% safe assuming you keep it sanitized with Chlorine at all times...and no there is nothing that is 100% natural that is strong enough to sanitize a spa to keep it 100% safe from bacteria without using Chlorine, Shock and/or a combination of both

333president

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:00 am »
Thanks so much Twin. I've been using Bromine, but I think it's comparable. Your reply was really comforting and I really appreciate it!

I guess I was also worried about the spa down, metal gone, bright and clear, calcium hardener, etc. It just seems like such a chemical bath!

Thanks for everything.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:26 am »
Thanks so much Twin. I've been using Bromine, but I think it's comparable. Your reply was really comforting and I really appreciate it!

I guess I was also worried about the spa down, metal gone, bright and clear, calcium hardener, etc. It just seems like such a chemical bath!

Thanks for everything.

Spa down is acid and there is the same amount of acid in vinegar. Metal gone grabs a hold of metal and clumps it big enough for your filter to catch it and the agent. Not sure what bright and clear is or if you even need it? And are you sure you need calcium hardener?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42