What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chlorine Dispenser Question  (Read 3934 times)

BigK75

Chlorine Dispenser Question
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »
I went to my dealer and told him that I have been having some issues with the chlorine method.  I add a teaspoon after each time I go in the hot tub but the next day the water smell funky.  It sometimes has a green tinge to it.  I shock every week and the problem still occurs.  I go in it almost every day.  He told me to buy a dispenser and add three tablets of Spaguard Smart Tabs to the dispenser/floater and that should take care of my problems once I get the flow right.  I went on the Spaguard site and it gave these instructions for using this in my spa:
http://www.spaguard.ca/mp/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=a9a4c13566d2c110VgnVCM100000f0d7010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

I am worried however because everywhere I have read including my manul it says not to use Tri-Chlor but this is what this stuff is. 
Its says on the bottle tricholor-s-triazinetrione. 

It says on the bottle that its for spas and hot tubs.  Says it easy on equipment and has minimal affect on PH.  Should I use this stuff in my hot tub.  I just want an easy way to sanitize my hot tub without it smelling green or going green on me. 

Claude

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:31:19 pm by BigK75 »

Hot Tub Forum

Chlorine Dispenser Question
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Chlorine Dispenser Question
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:53:22 am »
Your not using enough after each use. Add a tbls. instead. If that's not enough up it some more.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:13:26 am »
I agree with Roger, and would add this: do NOT use Trichlor in a covered spa.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

DanielWalker

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:32 am »
I also support you. Its better not to use trichlor in your hot tub. if you are not getting apt result from the product you use, better to switch it. Try these hot tub chemicals. I think they are not so harsh and are very effective. I am using them from last two years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42