What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damaged Neck & Shoulder Jet On/Off Valve (with pics)  (Read 3329 times)

stillerfan32

Damaged Neck & Shoulder Jet On/Off Valve (with pics)
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:33:43 pm »
I purchased a new Hawkeye Jupiter Spa in July and have been able to use it only a handful of times due to vacations.  My wife and I were enjoying the tub last night while watching TV and all of a sudden, the Neck & Shoulder Jet On/Off Valve flew up in the air and water was spraying up to the bottom of my deck.  After shutting off the breaker, I fished the valve out of the water noticing that the bottom of the round plastic valve was bent.   I tried to screw it back into the tub but since the bottom was no longer round, it wouldn't seal and water poured out of it when I turned the tub on again. 

Here are pics of the damaged valve: http://s991.photobucket.com/user/stillerfan32/library/?sort=2&page=1

I tried to contact Hawkeye but got a general voicemail despite calling during normal business hours. 

My question to you guys.  Would this part be covered under warranty?  If not, how should I go about repairing or replacing this valve?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:56:18 pm by stillerfan32 »

Hot Tub Forum

Damaged Neck & Shoulder Jet On/Off Valve (with pics)
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:33:43 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Damaged Neck & Shoulder Jet On/Off Valve (with pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:32:17 pm »
Should be covered.  Call the retailer you purchased the tub from

stillerfan32

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »
I purchased the hot tub directly from Hawkeye at the Pittsburgh Spa Expo in June.  I still can't get in touch with anyone at Hawkeye customer service.

I spoke with a local service company and they said that this would be covered under warranty but I'd have to get authorization from Hawkeye for them to do the warranty work.

So frustrated.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
Hawkeye is known for that. Leave them voicemails everyday as well as emails. Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42