What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis - Sundance - Viking - Dimension One  (Read 4496 times)

Krsy

Marquis - Sundance - Viking - Dimension One
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »
I am still not sure I won't go with the PL... (see my first post here) but before doing so will be checking out the following:

Sundance Dover which is the high end of my budget and the Capri which I don't even know the price of...  ???
Viking Aurora Series III
Marquis Spirit

The Viking and Marquis are a bit far from us so will be popping up there on Saturday.  I had a good feeling from the vendors (family run) on the phone which is always a good thing. They deal in both makes so that makes it easy, everything under one roof and I appreciated they answered my questions easily and without hesitation. I didn't get the used car salesmanship feeling at all (sorry to any gently used car dealers who may be reading, but ya'll know what I mean :-[ )

The Sundance I am going to see just because it is in the vicinity, well not real close, but close enough and I don't want to discard it on price alone, although the Dover doesn't quite fit the bill as much as I think the Capri would. 

I have gathered all the info on Dimension One and have discarded the Dupree Bay as way over what we can afford, The Triad also was really nice and could fit the bill except for our limited budget. That left only the Serenade within my means and am not sure I really want to drive over 2 hours just to go see that one particular spa. I must say I was very impressed with the Dimension One website and all the info, specs and details they provide, wish they were closer and perhaps a wee less spendy.  :(

Any advice? Anything I should be looking for specifically in these models or skeletons in the closet that I should be aware of? :-\

Thanks to all for taking your time to read and special thanks to those who offer suggestions/advice.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis - Sundance - Viking - Dimension One
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »

Krsy

We made our choice!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:27:46 am »
Well I guess as I am, most here are looking for info and advice rather than dispensing. ::)  We were able to see all the hot tubs last night as the Viking-Marquis dealer was staying open late (til 6 pm) and so we called and asked if they would wait for us to get there and they did. We met one of the owners and her husband and both were very knowledgeable and helpful. I knew I would like doing business with them.

First we hit the Sundance dealer and decided that the Dover just wouldn't do, so it had to be the Capri which is an excellent and comfortable tub with all the bells and whistle we hoped for.  The dealer, who is also the GM of the store was great, knowledgable and gave us really good advice about the tubs and even some pool/solar advice we needed.  I wouldn't hesitate recommending this place to anyone deciding that a Sundance is for them.

We made our way up to the Marquis/Viking dealer and are very pleased that they agreed to stay open for us. Dry testing both, the Marquis Spirit won hands down for us. It is a great little spa and the lounger was just perfect for Mr. Krsy. The Spirit comes with 2 electric and motor pump choices and we are going with larger 240V.

Now, waking up this morning I am confident with our choice still (Mr. Krsy said he already knew it last night ;)) so we will be pulling the trigger on this one.  Yay, now I can move on with the other renovations we have.  I will come back and post pictures when all is done and in place.  Although I didn't get much input it did help coming here and reading posts (learned a lot) and just writing all my thoughts down helped clear things in my mind, so all is good.

Thanks and happy hunting to all out there in their quest for the perfect (for them) spa!

Krsy :)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Marquis - Sundance - Viking - Dimension One
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:47 am »
Congrats, the Spirit is a good looking little tub, and as will all smaller spas it should be very easy to maintain as well...happy soaking!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 07:20:09 pm »
And a much better built and backed product than the PL
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »
The Spirit is the #1 tub in the Marquis line. Congrats you're going to love that spa.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »
That is the tub I was looking at for several months before I bought the HS Envoy. It is a good looking tub and had it not been for the fact that when seeing the Envoy in person and it having 2 more seats, that is the one I was planning on going with. Happy soaking!
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42