What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slow heating on LA Spa Esteem + Jets continually running  (Read 3587 times)

Mildypug

Slow heating on LA Spa Esteem + Jets continually running
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:16:16 am »
Hi all,

I did post a message regarding some issues with my tub and managed to narrow it down to a main pump issue. I have replaced that and things are now working sort of fine....

My question:

The heater seems to be working but is heating the tub really slowly. I have just refilled the tub and it seems to have taken over 12 hours to get to 34 degrees. Is this normal? I also have a sodden cover which I assume won't really help to insulate the tub. New one to be sourced soon.

I also have just noticed the pumping doesn't switch off automatically, 'jets 1' button needs to be pushed for it to stop otherwise it just carries on pumping. Has anyone else experienced this or can help on this front to? Is this likely to be a problem or the tub just running it to try and hit the correct temperature?

Sorry, I know there's a lot of questions there but trying to understand the issues so I spend good money on the tub.

Thanks and look forward to your help.

Regards,
James

Hot Tub Forum

Slow heating on LA Spa Esteem + Jets continually running
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:16:16 am »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Slow heating on LA Spa Esteem + Jets continually running
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:20:36 am »
From the owner's manual:

8) Press the jets 1 keypad to turn on the low speed pump. On units not equipped with the Ultimate Water Management
System, the low speed of pump one and the heater will turn on automatically when the system requires heating.
Check to ensure that water is coming out of some of the jets. Press the jets 1 keypad and the pump will turn on high
speed. Observe to ensure adequate water flow. Press the jets 2 key pad and pump 2 will turn on high speed.
Observe to ensure adequate water flow. Press the jets 3 key pad and pump 3 will turn on high speed. Observe to
ensure adequate water flow. DO NOT ALLOW THE PUMPS TO RUN FOR MORE THAN 1 MINUTE WITHOUT
WATER FLOWING FROM THE JETS. PUMPS WITH DRY RUN PROBLEMS WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER
WARRANTY. If there is no water flow through the jets, the pumps need to be primed to eliminate air lock.

Depending upon the size of the spa and the size of the electrical circuit, heating will occur at a rate of approximately 5° F (2°C) per hour.

Summary: Your pump will stay on until the desired heat is reached. It also seems that your water has heated approximately 24* in 12 hours. Are you using cold well water to fill your tub?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:26:24 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Mildypug

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:37:28 am »
Hi

Thanks for that! We don't have the manual as its around 10 years old, downloading one now!

Yes, water out the hose so the tempreture and increase seems accurate from what you say.

Thanks

Mildypug

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 12:57:37 pm »
Further to this thread it now seems the pumps stop at a certain tempreture but not the one requested on the digital display. It won't go hotter than 36.5 C at the minute.

The manual I have doesn't display a code which maybe revelant. The symbol is bottom left of my display containing 3 short lines (north to south in direction) with a horizontal line below the 3 and six dots in a dice pattern below that. The pattern if the flashing is 2 flashes and longer break then repeats.

The standard two, what I think are heating lines are also on the display.

Any ideas on why it won't hit temp or why it stops at the temp it is now?

Thanks

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:17:06 pm »
Just throwing this out, but it might be set at a default temp, therefore satisfied. Probably not the situation, but I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, enough of my guessing. Let the pros begin..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:19:01 pm by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:17:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42